Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Follow MMOBomb on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mmobomb

Author Topic: Whi World Project (MMORPG)  (Read 3276 times)

Offline whitevo

Whi World Project (MMORPG)
« on: April 14, 2016, 02:13 PM »
I'm Tevo and 25 years old.
Living in Estonia.
For over a year I have been working on my game project, it's far from ready, however I believe I have now enough to show what it is capable of.

What is Whi World?
 Whi World is unique 2D MMORPG game. You start off in the tomb where you struggle to see the daylight. At first glance you find in yourself in abandoned desert city, but as you continue investigate the people you meet and places you visit you understand you are placed in cruel and violent yet beautiful and mystical world.

The first narrative arc follows a war between humans and undeads. You will learn to understand, how undeads came to be and how to fight them. Even though this is the main story, there is a lot more going on in this world. War has already began and there seems to be nobody to stand against them.

Whi World is made with awesome MMO emulator called "The Forgotten Server".
 To test this server, I am using CipSoft copyrighted client and artwork. One day it will be replaced with its own style and client, but for now making the mechanical part of the game, so people could already express their thoughts on this game concept.

How to enter Whi World?
 Website: whiworld.com (not so good looking, but it is enough to be able to play the game)
Besides I got no skill with php/html so I have left it as it is until the time comes to improve it.

In the download section you will be guided trough how to install the game and how to enter it.
Ye, its client game. Since it is not even my own client you need to hax into my server (the simple tool for that given on website too "ipchanger")

How to play Whi World?
Once you get into game you will start from tutorial.
You use arrow keys to move around.
The NPC's (non-player character) will help you to guide trough the tutorial.
If I have done my part well enough you will be able to complete the tutorial and start your journey and literally test my game which I update weekly.

This was latest video made from playing this server:*umm cant link xD*
There are other videos but they so outdated, they wont give much of the information.

Offline Mewtwo

Re: Whi World Project (MMORPG)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Isn't this basically Tibia online? But like a private server of it?

Offline whitevo

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 03:20 PM »
No it isn't.

Yes I am using Tibia client, but its temporary until I finish coding the game engine.
Planning to have client similar to Diablo 3 and League of Legends

You level up trough exploring and discovering new things.
Each and every equipment item is unique in some way or another. (single item can change the way you play the game)
Every type of monster is unique and has reason to exists.
etc.

This all makes my game more complex and diverse too.
For example: yesterday while playing I realized if combine knight and mage skilltree with items what give lot of magic power I can do broken damage to single target xD
Going to definitely nerf that, but just enough to make it a another viable build (game style) to play with.

Offline whitevo

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:41 PM »
monthly bump

Improved hunter class since the last time I posted here. Now its up to bar with every other class.
Added more early game content and improve the story of the game.

You can read latest patch notes on my website too: whiworld.com

Next up gona take longer before any significant patch note will come.
Improving my code organization which doesn't change how game plays or looks at all.
It is simply for me to so that in future it will be much much easier and faster for me to fix and improve game.

Offline whitevo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 06:13 AM »
new updated finally is here. Finished organizing the major codes.
Patch notes also written on website. whiworld.com

I'm going to play test it for few days and try to complete all quests again.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 02:43 PM by whitevo »

Offline whitevo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 05:36 AM »
neat update has been finished again.
This time reworked the monster AI and created better spellCreating System.
This will allow me to do new content a lot faster. (aka new monsters faster)

Offline whitevo

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:52 AM »
been a while since I bumped this.
Haven't done too much new things, because most of my time has been spent on coding for different games and projects. (gotta earn cash for Whi World somehow)

But well finally I finished housing feature for Whi World.
I have few pictures on the website. (house plots and a scheme how you can build your house currently)
It was quite complicated to explain it with pictures, but when you want to take closer look, there is house building tutorial in the game too (you find it by going on house plot and clicking the miniature house)

Anyway, the looks wont get any better any time soon as I'm far off from creating my own client for Whi World.
But you can suggest anything to mechanically improve the feature

http://whiworld.com/index.php

Offline whitevo

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 10:35 AM »
added new professions to the game to support overall gameplay and the housing feature I recently added.
new professions: crafting, smithing, enchanting, farming, woodcutting, mining
improved professions: cooking, brewing, building

more information can be read from my webpage: http://whiworld.com

Offline whitevo

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 06:08 AM »
This month I focused on balancing and improving existing features.
+ added some new early game easter eggs, missions and quests to make it the progressing process more smooth.

Also got some help to improve the texts messages. Now lot of texts have been proof read.

this month however I might not have enough time  to spent on project to bring any significant changes.
Will see, all depends how much support I get and you never know.

Offline Adrian87

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Tried it a bit a few days ago, like really just a bit (30 min or so), haven't finished the tutorial (until the 6 stones that have to be hit with skills). It's good for a one dev project. It's just a bit to slow and i don't really have the free time and will to spend on a game like this, but i will keep it installed for now, because i was curious how the game is post tutorial, so maybe (no promises) i'll get around to play some more.

!climbup

Offline whitevo

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Cool, thx for trying.

It certainly is slower than it should be. As I have not yet worked on custom client, but overall the game is suppose to be somewhat slow. Its more of a story based and observation game rather than action RPG.

It will have events and pvp features which allow you to spend few minutes online and still get something done,
but to progress in the game itself you need to take your time.

I know the tutorial might be somewhat too long, but it certainly helps.
More people have spent time playing and progress in game after I added that tutorial.

Offline whitevo

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 03:54 PM »
Today I pushed out my last fixes for this year.

For quite some time, can be few months, I wont be able to update live server.
Going away from home, potentially earn more money to invest into the game

http://whiworld.com/index.php
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:57 PM by whitevo »

Offline Alucard TheCrimsonFker

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2016, 04:46 PM »
I'll give it a go when I get home from vacation.

Bird of hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame

Offline whitevo

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Live server is now down for good.
will take ~5months before I go back home and put it online.

meanwhile I think I'm not going to bother this forum with offline updates.