Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Follow MMOBomb on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mmobomb

Author Topic: Leaving a Game/MMO for another  (Read 1430 times)

Offline hawtdawggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Level 3
  • 322 BombGold
  • Find me on Steam.
    • facebook.com/krispykitty
    • NightWarrior
    • hawtdawggy
    • hawtdawggies Youtube
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Page
Leaving a Game/MMO for another
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:59 PM »
I kinda got the idea of this topic when Tera started going F2P. People also have a tendency to leave if a new mmo of that genre pops up. The game that is currently my favorite MMO is Dragon Nest. And when a big game like Tera goes F2P, a lot of users threaten to leave the game they are playing now for the new one.

IMO, I personally wouldn't leave the game. But at the same time, mmo's take a very substantial amount of time. So it is hard to dedicate yourself to more than one mmo. Especially when you are wondering where your loyalties lie when you want to make a microtransaction for an mmo. It does get expensive if you are dedicated to more than one mmo. So sometimes you eventually leave one for another.

Has this happened to you? And if so, what game or mmo was it that you left your old one for? Do you still go back to your old one, or will you go back?

Offline Marirranya

• Level 4
  • 313 BombGold
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving a Game/MMO for another
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02 AM »
I played Ragnarok Online during 2001 and left 2006
played Perfect World after that and left 2007
played WoW after that and havent really found an mmo that stole my heart like wow did....
there are people who play games, and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

Offline Bruce Willis

• Level 2
  • 79 BombGold
  • Bruce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:03 AM »
played swtor before f2p
never played again

Offline Electrocaseal

• Level 1
  • 55 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 01:15 PM »
the older iget the less time i have to grind a character. id rather stare at a wall. if i tried that crap today id flip out and get rid of the account immediately. in fact i do that every now and then. most mmos arent that fun anyway

Offline Alleexxx

• Level 1
  • 26 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:16 PM »
Played alot of various MMO's like Perfect World, Aion and WoW. I played them mainly waiting upon the arrival of Guild Wars 2, when it came i left all other MMO's and played that, have a history with Guild Wars though, got all the expansions, played the game for about 6-7 years. Can't just easily give up on something i've spent so long wasting time on  :D

Offline hawtdawggy

• Level 3
  • 322 BombGold
  • Find me on Steam.
    • facebook.com/krispykitty
    • NightWarrior
    • hawtdawggy
    • hawtdawggies Youtube
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Page
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45 PM »
played swtor before f2p
never played again

Even though a lot of people wait for something to become F2P. Some people actually get pissed by that. Were you mad that you had to pay for it, while everyone else got it for free?

Offline FranBunnyFFXII

• Level 2
  • 57 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:08 PM »
I don't leave games I just put them on hold while I try something else. If I like it, I add it to my game's list and continue to dabble in it or if I don't i dont play it again and i go back to my own established games with more knowledge about the mmo world.

Offline Matter

• Level 1
  • 32 BombGold
    • Matter
    • www.twitter.com/matterchannel
    • www.youtube.com/matterchannel Youtube
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:36 PM »
I Rarely fully leave games but i take very long Hiatus like 6-~1 year at most. I go back to them sometimes but the friends i make are all on things like Skype so it's not so bad.

Offline Imst

• Level 3
  • 151 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58 PM »
I'll admit that I leave games constantly. If I feel that the game is not that interesting or it just not clicking for me, I will leave it. However, as long as I have friends or friends online that are still playing I can stay even if I don't like it. Recently, played Ragnarok 2 but me and my friends got bored so we came back to Cabal and we're also trying Path of Exile.

Offline Zebracal

• Level 3
  • 193 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 11:07 PM »
The only time that I will leave a game is when I "feel" that there is nothing left to play in that game. I do comeback sometimes and when the feeling comes back I'll play again. Just like what I did in Cabal before I left then I returned.

The other reason for this are your friends. You will usually play a game on where your friends are.

Offline Tomukas555

• Level 2
  • 119 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41 AM »
From aion To Tera To Neverwinter

Offline seawog

• Level 3
  • 234 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 03:10 PM »
The only time that I will leave a game is when I "feel" that there is nothing left to play in that game. I do comeback sometimes and when the feeling comes back I'll play again. Just like what I did in Cabal before I left then I returned.

The other reason for this are your friends. You will usually play a game on where your friends are.

i usually try to play with my friends but sometimes we don't have the same interest. generally we'll all stick together. i think you should just play what you want to. no point in playing a game for years just cause right?

Offline GamingMaster

• Level 3
  • 209 BombGold
  • Cyprus :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 04:29 PM »
In my opinion if the game fails to keep your attention to keep on playing it then it's a failure ..

I've played STO for about 2 years now and I never got bored of it and I played games like DCUO that just kept becoming more disappointing the more I played it due to it's p2w model.

I stopped Runes of magic because they didn't have a secure database.. long time ago they got hacked by this guy and he had access to every account on the game and I received an email from frogster that they couldn't give back the diamonds (cash currency) that he stole + my character items gold..

after that I searched and found STO and very happy :)

I recommend it to all it's one of the best free to play games out there

Offline beater

• Level 4
  • 361 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 08:20 AM »
I changed WOW to LOL and Dota 2 :P

Offline WauWsy

• Level 1
  • 29 BombGold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 01:06 PM »
I stopt with Tera because i need to wait more then 38 mins to login. And now i started playing Path of Exile.