Bohemia Interactive is pleased to announce the “Arma 2: Free” a free-to-play multiplayer version of critically acclaimed mil-sim, Arma 2. Arma 2: Free promises to redefine the free-to-play battlefield with unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities. Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods. Arma 2: Free is scheduled for release in June 2011.
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free – virtual war without the training wheels. Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host and free to create…!
Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:
- Free military simulation – An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
- Free armory – A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
- Free unique multiplayer – Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
- Free dedicated servers – Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
- Free creativity – Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.
To learn more about the Arma 2: Free project please visit the product´s website at http://www.arma2.com/free