Today, Battlerite developer Stunlock Studios issued two announcements for its free-to-play arena brawler. The first is the introduction of a new champion set to arrive this Wednesday (Feb 15). The second is the announcement of the biggest Battlerite tournament so far, “Enter The Arena”.
The new champion — seen in the video above — is a flexible melee character named Raigon. He’s skilled in martial arts as well as the use of two-handed swords.
For the tournament, Stunlock has teamed with Beyond the Summit and Twitch to hold an even with a $10,000 prize pool. The tournament will run simultaneously in Europe and North America and will feature the following teams:
- TelroskMi (Teldo, Verosk, Mini)
- MyCon – Prepare to Die (LittleMaster, GodOf, K3B4B1)
- Intolerant (Joltz, Iska, Nyy)
- Project Horizon (HotBiscuit, Blankzz, Wuzac)
- Onslaught Esports (Averse, Arakune, Ninjas)
- Identity Crisis (InTheFlesh, Vorime, Emperor)
- Scylla (Maelstrom, Jeter, rarepeep)
- Excel Wizards (Neewha, Skywind, Finlev)
The event will be broadcast on Twitch starting with qualifiers on February 19. The grand tournament will follow shortly after on February 25 and 26. More information on the tournament is available on the Battlerite blog.