Picking Fights in Forge (Bomblive Ep. 35)
Today on Bomblive, Spunkify masters his inner MMO as he attempts to showcase PvP in Forge! Does Forge have what it takes to make it as a competitive F2P game? How does it compare to other skill-based arena titles? Find out on this episode of Bomblive!
Come enjoy a livestream broadcast on our official Live Stream page every Wednesday at 2PM PST. Follow us now so you don´t miss the show. Hope to see you there!
BombLive is the official MMOBomb livestream show where viewers get to watch and interact with their favorite MMOBomb hosts! We pick some of the latest free to play games to play with our fans in this full hour live show! Come enjoy a livestream broadcast on our official Live Stream page: http://www.twitch.tv/mmobomb every Wednesday at 2PM PST.
F2P Cast: WoW wants to go F2P? (EP 82)
In this week's episode of Free-to-Play Podcast we look a three new MMO's from Perfect World that may be headed to the West soon.By Michael Dunaway - 9 years ago
You May Enjoy
Always Online Podcast: Suicide Squad Is Live Service, Wayfinder Goes To Early Access Soon, & Throne And Liberty News Ep 464
Live service, always online even in solo mode, guns galore... is this the Suicide Squad game you were hoping for?By Michael Byrne - 1 month ago
Top 5 Free to Play Weekly Stories - Counter-Strike 2 is Rumored To Be Coming VERY Soon! Ep 546
Valve has yet to confirm anything, but it's looking like the rumor is true.By Marlowe Ethos - 3 weeks ago
Always Online Podcast: Wayfinder Press Access Early Review, Exoprimal Beta And Launch, And Facepalming MMORPG News Ep 466
Dinosaurs and dungeons... we're looking in-depth at two games a lot of people are excited about releasing.By Michael Byrne - 2 weeks ago
Dead Cide Club Gameplay - An Early Access First Look (F2P)
Does a seldom seen side-scrolling viewpoint change up the way a "FPS" game feels?By Marlowe Ethos - 2 weeks ago
Top 5 Free to Play Weekly Stories - Saying Goodbye To Zavala's Lance Reddick Ep 547
A sad day for the galaxy.By Marlowe Ethos - 1 week ago
Top 5 Free to Play Weekly Stories - Roblox Losses Near $1 Billion & Blizzard Takes More "L"s Ep 544
Monetary losses and public relation losses... companies lost quite a bit this week.By Marlowe Ethos - 1 month ago
Does it have the potential? Every game does. Will it achieve it? It's more possible than other games for sure, but it's still no easy task. That said, I'm rooting for ya Forge. I'll come back to you.
Few things I notice, while spending around 5 hrs or so:
- really nice graphics. While not something unmatched, those gloomy and dark art style does its best to emphasize violent and competitive nature of Forge.
- good music. Audio track definitely fits to what is happening on the screen.
- solid gameplay. While both energy bar, shared between sprinting/casting, and basic movement speed may feel frustrating at first (it can take a while to cross a map from one side to another), those features actually brings more tactical depth to the game. Thinking and planing are preferable to running around and randomly mashing buttons from 1 to 8.
- not p2w. By leveling up player get access to side grades rather than upgrades.
- great time saver. Actually, #1 plus to me. Forget about grinding for the max lvl and those mediocre "true mass pvp" titles. If you like pvp and value your time - give it a shot.
Thanks for stream, Michel. Hope you enjoy doing it.