Gamigo just announced the open beta date for UFO Online: Fight for Earth, August 23, 2012. Fight for Earth is a MMO set in the near future; humanity has split into three factions and are competing for the scarce resources remaining on Earth. With contact being made with extraterrestrial beings, the human factions must decide whether or not to trust their intent to helps humans. If I learned anything from sci-fi, it is that helpful aliens always have ulterior motives. (Why are we so tasty to aliens!?) Ultimately, this means there’s going to be some serious alien ass-kicking action.
The open beta comes with a few new things to check out:
– Five additional story missions that continue the UFO saga.
– Soldiers can now hit enemies with their fists if they end up running out of ammo (who would of thought!).
– Squads will now be automatically accepted for the upcoming operations.
– Colored markings now show how much damage will be caused over a certain distance- you will need to use the “Shoot” button.
– Improved tutorials (a personal gripe of mine) with improved help screens and display.