Harrassin' on Hossin: PlanetSide 2 Gets New Continent
After lots of teases and loads of "behind the scenes" talk and video -- the above trailer came out last August -- PlanetSide 2 finally has a new continent.
The swamp continent of Hossin went live this morning, along with a bunch of new updates and changes to the game. Highlights include:
- * Continent locking: Empires can now lock a continent by possessing 94% of its territory or winning an alert. All players on the continent will be redirected to another one. A maximum of two continents can be locked at any one time, leaving the other two open.
* Continent benefits for locking have been considerably beefed up, up to 50% reductions in costs of Infantry, Mechanized, or Aerospace purchases (previously 10%) for the original three continents, and 25% XP gain for locking Hossin.
* Warpgates only rotate after a continent is unlocked, and are no longer on the two-week schedule.
* An outfit recruiting system has been implemented.
* When an outfit captures a base, by virtue of having the highest score by its members in the capture process, it will be reflected in the banners flown at the base as well as on the map.
You can read the full update notes here. Now, get back to your killin'.
About the Author
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.
Down in the Depths: Rift's next major expansion Nightmare Tide revealed
Splish, Splash Rift's about to take a bath, the MMO is headed to the Plane of Water in Rift's newly revealed expansion, Nightmare Tide.By Michael Dunaway - 8 years ago
You May Enjoy
Call Of Dragons Launches On PC, iOS, And Android Later This Month
Wreak havoc on the battlefield, on land or in the sky.By Troy Blackburn - 5 days ago
Conan Exiles: Age of Sorcery Chapter 3 Launches Today, And It's Free
The free update includes a new Battle Pass, cosmetics, boss, feature, and Journey system.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago
World Of Warcraft Classic Announces Return Of Level 55 Death Knight Character Creation Restriction
Open Death Knight creation just makes it too easy for people to start exploiting the game.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
As Pre-Registration And Founder's Packs Open For New MMORPG Mad World, Team Drops A New Trailer
This web game is all about demons, distortion, and devastation.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago
Summon Your Spirit Tiger As The New Hero In Naraka: Bladepoint
Akos Hu, “The Rebel Claw”, joins the roster as the game’s 15th character.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
Reloaded Update Hits Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 And Warzone 2 Today, Plus Get Five Days Free Multiplayer Access
Reloaded is here and you can play multiplayer for free for five days.By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago