Harrassin' on Hossin: PlanetSide 2 Gets New Continent
After lots of teases and loads of "behind the scenes" talk and video -- the above trailer came out last August -- PlanetSide 2 finally has a new continent.
The swamp continent of Hossin went live this morning, along with a bunch of new updates and changes to the game. Highlights include:
- * Continent locking: Empires can now lock a continent by possessing 94% of its territory or winning an alert. All players on the continent will be redirected to another one. A maximum of two continents can be locked at any one time, leaving the other two open.
* Continent benefits for locking have been considerably beefed up, up to 50% reductions in costs of Infantry, Mechanized, or Aerospace purchases (previously 10%) for the original three continents, and 25% XP gain for locking Hossin.
* Warpgates only rotate after a continent is unlocked, and are no longer on the two-week schedule.
* An outfit recruiting system has been implemented.
* When an outfit captures a base, by virtue of having the highest score by its members in the capture process, it will be reflected in the banners flown at the base as well as on the map.
You can read the full update notes here. Now, get back to your killin'.
About the Author
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.
Down in the Depths: Rift's next major expansion Nightmare Tide revealed
Splish, Splash Rift's about to take a bath, the MMO is headed to the Plane of Water in Rift's newly revealed expansion, Nightmare Tide.By Michael Dunaway - 8 years ago
You May Enjoy
Watch The New Trailer For Lan, Coming To Tower Of Fantasy Next Week
Lan arrives in update 2.4.By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago
Epic Games Banning Fortnite Players For Creating Maps Like Call Of Duty And Mario Kart
“Those who create violating content ... will face content takedowns and enforcement actions, up to and including permanent account bans.”By Matthew D'Onofrio - 4 days ago
Century: Age Of Ashes Season 2 Introduces New Thornweaver Class, A Map Revamp, New Rewards, And More
Soar through the skies in dragon combat.By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago
Dress Like A Tonberry For Hatching-tide And Prep For FFXIV's 24 Hours Maintenance For NA Data Center Replacement
Rolling through Eorzea passing out Chef's kisses... what could be better?By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago
MultiVersus Open Beta To Shut Down, Full Launch Scheduled For Early 2024
Player decline, lack of content, and now no game till 2024.By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago
Apex Legends Adds Third Studio To Help Develop The Shooter's Next "10-15 Years"
When a game rakes in billions, it's easy to see why you want to plan out another decade plus.By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago