Grinding Gear Games’ free-to-play, online, action RPG is receiving its next big content update in March. On the 4th, players will get their hands on Ascendancy — an update they’ve been waiting for since last year.
The new update adds 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own unique skill tree, to the game. It will also introduce the Trials of Ascendancy — a series of elaborate puzzle rooms filled with traps.
Other additions include:
- The Lord’s Labyrinth: Never the same challenge! The overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Enchantments: Powerful new ways to modify and enhance your gear. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- 11 New Gems: Path of Exile: Ascendancy introduces 11 new gems including seven skills and four supports that encourage new and dynamic playstyles.
- Many New Items: Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
- Perandus Challenge League: A new Challenge League launches alongside Path of Exile: Ascendancy for both Standard and Hardcore players.
In addition to the release announcement, Grinding Gear also dropped a video highlighting the Ancestral Protector totem skill. You can watch it below.