Sci-Fi MMORTS Starborne Preparing For Open Beta With Launch Of Tournament Server
After five years of development and Alpha Testing, Solid Clouds' sci-fi MMORTS Starborne is almost ready to make the leap into Open Beta. But before that happens, the developer has decided Alpha phase needs to go out with a bang -- in the form of a Tournament Server.
The server will launch on December 1, bringing with it new mechanics and rules -- composed in cooperation with the game's community. There will also be new in-game rewards. Aside from continued testing, the server will give players an idea of what they'll be looking at when Open Beta launches in early 2020.
To prepare players for the Tournament server, Solid Clouds has provided a short list of its special rules and features. These can be seen below.
- Entry Requirements – Premium Account status or having built six stations in any server
- Shop Closed – Only cosmetics, Premium Account status and Premium Factions will be available
- Station Building - Complete rework from the ground up
- Multiple Rewards – Participation, Survival and Victory Rewards to be won in-game
- Bigger Coalitions – Coalitions will facilitate 100 players in total, increased from 60
- Earlier Lockdown – Alliance and Coalition lockdowns will happen on Day 29 (beginning of week five)
- No More Navy Base – Navy Base is removed from the game
- Return to Sender – Alliance/Coalition structures will automatically return fleets if they are over the fleet cap
- Bug Smashing – The development team will be spending a significant amount of time smashing bugs prior to (and during) the Tournament Server
Additional information is available on the game's site.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Fight Against Tyranny In Season IX Of Conqueror's Blade, Coming Later This Month
Axe-throwers, javelin cavalry, and "explosive force" are the season's new unitsBy Jason Winter - 22 hours ago
TERA Console's New Battle Pass Goes Live Next Week
Several events also planned, including Korean Thanksgiving.By Jason Winter - 2 weeks ago
Blade & Soul's UE4 Update Goes Live Today, Adds New Dual Blades Class And More
Includes better optimization and massive changes to combat and dungeons.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Star Citizen Dinged By UK Advertising Regulator
Concept ship ad copy "could have been made clearer"By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Pirate-Themed 6v6 Brawler Plunder Panic Scheduled To Launch On Steam Early Access September 17
The retro-style game is the chaotic battle you never knew you wanted.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
Since You Probably Don't Have Enough Launchers, Riot Is Releasing One For All Their Titles
Because I am sure you wanted yet another client launcher on your PC.By Michael Byrne - 19 hours ago