Tantra Rumble Launches Ambitious KickStarter

Michael Byrne
By Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief November 5, 2014

I like keeping an eye on Kickstarter. I've backed a few projects in my day and I like seeing what some people are trying to create, especially in the video game world. Today I came across a pretty ambitious campaign and I'm not sure what to think of the game itself just yet.

GameOlic is a small studio (about 10 people) based in Uruguay. Previously they've developed a number of mobile games including Fly Cat and Fatal Fall but their Kickstarter is a LOT more ambitious than their previous projects.

Tantra Rumble is a F2P, multi-platform title that has been brewing behind the scenes at GameOlic since 2010 and it's an interesting mash-up of ideas. Start with some action based PvP, add in a class system, sprinkle in a dash of collectible card game, and finish it off with a spash of MOBA and you have the idea...yeah I have no idea what that genre blend would look like either. Luckily they released the video above, check it out!

While I like some of the items I see, like the ability to sell skill cards to other players on an auction house using in game currency, I'm not sure what to think of the game as a whole yet. Add in that the desired funding is a $141,000 price tag and I'm even more unsure of a studio that's never tackled something this grand before. I certainly think there is something there, I'm just not sure if the stars will align for GameOlic's projected July 2015 release.

I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this project though to see what happens! What do you think?

In this article: tantra rumble, gameolic.

Michael Byrne
Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief
Mike “Magicman” Byrne has been a part of the MMOBomb family for years and serves as the site’s current Editor-in-Chief. His love for MMOs and gaming in general has led him to covering games for numerous websites including Gamebreaker TV and XIV Nation where he proudly displays his fanboy flag for FFXIV:ARR.

Susu 6 years ago
I've played the original Tantra Online which I loved a lot, so I'm really excited for this Tantra Rumble release!

BRUCE LEE 6 years ago
FREE TO PLAY!! WHAT CAN YOU SAY?? LOL BETTER THEN PAYING FOR IT LMFAO! TROLL!LLL!

Rancid 6 years ago
I actually think this game is interesting, it doesn't seem like they are aiming for a MOBA at all it appears they've aimed for an action game with RPG features, I think they've used the terms MOBA just because of some of their game modes explained in the kickstarter if some of you would bother reading. Overall I am very excited about this tbh, I like the whole card system and I like the approach they have made, it's very similar to the old Tantra Online game as I can see which, it pays great respect too so I am excited!

Sdoam 6 years ago
if you read well is not a LOL clone, is an action game with TCG cards as skills. Good innovation im backing them...

Merkadis 6 years ago
Sound good but all those so called "grand ideas" usually end up as a screw up so yeah basically if the stars will align right for em heh.
Still i sure as hell welcome some change to mmo worlds, they been stagnant for too long already.

Player 1 6 years ago
mmm they should say "We've created a LOL copy expecting not to close too early"

SiiKGaming 6 years ago
Basically, another MOBA. Great. I can't wait for them to cancel the game.

Zhao Yun 6 years ago
Seems nice so far but i wont say anything more until they release more info/vids/pictures/gameplay of it.

Next Gen Console Versions of Black Desert Online Are In The Works

Next Gen Console Versions of Black Desert Online Are In The Works

The news came in a letter specifically addressing the console versions of the game.

Bless Unleashed’s First PC Update Adds Twisted Spider Queen Boss But May Have To Close The Marketplace

It also introduces new UI improvements.

EVE Online Quadrant 3: Gateway Update Adds New “New Player” Experience

EVE Online Quadrant 3: Gateway Update Adds New “New Player” Experience

Gone are the days of just trying to figure it out for yourself.

Guild Wars 2 Shows Off Fishing And Skiffs

Guild Wars 2 Shows Off Fishing And Skiffs

If nautical nonsense be something you wish.

By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
PlanetSide 2's New Player Experience Goes Live Thursday

PlanetSide 2's New Player Experience Goes Live Thursday

Lots of tweaks and changes for veteran players, too.

By Jason Winter - 3 days ago
Neverwinter's First Battle Pass Arrives October 1

Neverwinter's First Battle Pass Arrives October 1

Echoes of Prophecy will be available on PC and consoles for free.