Bohemia Interactive announced the launch of Arma 2: Free – a free-to-play version of the critically acclaimed mil-sim title Arma 2. Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.
Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free – virtual war without the training wheels. Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create… free to play redefined!
Some of the key features of Arma 2: Free include:
· Free military simulation – An authentic battlefield simulation, including bullet ballistics, material penetration and much more.
· Free armory – A comprehensive range of 300+ weapons, units and fully-usable armed or unarmed vehicles across air, land and water classes.
· Free unique multiplayer – Multiplayer with large-scale maps for 50+ live players and hundreds of AI units. Supports a wide variety of MP modes from co-op and PvP modes, to total mayhem!
· Free dedicated servers – Both Linux and Windows OS dedicated server support for users to host freely wherever and however they like even to play together on the same retail game-servers.
· Free creativity – Quick mission templates, a powerful, built-in, easy to use SP/MP mission editor, and advanced scripting.
Arma 2: Free is fully compatible with user-made missions, campaigns and multiplayer modes originally created for Arma 2, as well as being multiplayer compatible with the full Arma 2 providing no user-made addons or mods are used. Arma 2: Free Public Beta is available now via http://www.arma2.com/free/