Black Desert Big Baddies and Sieges

Michael Byrne
By Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief December 15, 2014

2016 is quite a long time from now, at least when it comes to waiting for a game to come out. That doesn't stop us from peeking in on what is happening with Black Desert during the Korean Beta though!

Check out this new video, courtesy of Steparu, that gives you a bit of a peek at some more boss like monsters and what Pearl Abyss has up their sleeves when it comes to sieges.

From laying down blockades to hiding in foliage, I like a lot of the subtle touches in place here that you don't see in other games. Even the characters turning and covering their ears as cannons fire is a great touch. My favorite part of the video though is the last few seconds. Just as the fighters on horseback are on their way in, cannon and gun fire erupt and the whole area is covered with smoke.

This is a system I really can't wait to try. I hope it ends up as intriguing as it looks!

In this article: Black Desert, Pearl Abyss.

Michael Byrne
Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief
Mike “Magicman” Byrne has been a part of the MMOBomb family for years and serves as the site’s current Editor-in-Chief. His love for MMOs and gaming in general has led him to covering games for numerous websites including Gamebreaker TV and XIV Nation where he proudly displays his fanboy flag for FFXIV:ARR.

ama8o8 6 years ago
hmm so Im guesssing fighting big guys isnt like shadow of the colossus?

Merkadis 6 years ago
Magicmom, it was announced that the game will be out in 2015, check yo facts.

extasist 6 years ago
i hope there there is option to turn off all video shaking, it does look stupid.

Adrian87 6 years ago
The monster appearing/spawning looked cool. I don’t know if that is what we see in game or not. Tanky guy stuck his own sword in his head at 0:37, also his shield must be quite heavy, he seemed a bit humpback. To much blur and random short zooms. They try to make it more actiony, but it just gave me a headache.
The color changing was annoying as hell for me and really did not seem necessary, until minute 3 when both that boss and player character were very mobile and it was a bit dark. Then it was helping me keep track of the boss, but until then it was just annoying. I hope the game will have an option to disable that or make it less intense or an outline, then the full body intense color.
I admit i am bi.tching to much about this video, cuz other then those above this looks cool. Especially those clear shots in daylight with them chilling or during siege, really show how beautiful the game looks.

Adrian87 6 years ago
The monster appearing/spawning looked cool. I don't know if that is what we see in game or not. Tanky guy stuck his own sword in his head at 0:37, also his shield must be quite heavy, he seemed a bit humpback. To much blur and random short zooms. They try to make it more actiony, but it just gave me a headache.

I admit i am bitching to much about this video, cuz other then those above this looks cool. Especially those clear shots in daylight with them chilling or during siege, really show how beautiful the game looks.

Check Out Four New Combat Styles On The SWTOR PTR

Check Out Four New Combat Styles On The SWTOR PTR

Styles include the Mercenary, Powertech, Juggernaut, and Marauder.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Despite Previous Promises, Marvel's Avengers Adds Paid XP Boosts

Despite Previous Promises, Marvel's Avengers Adds Paid XP Boosts

Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics make a deal with Mephisto.

By Jason Winter - 2 weeks ago
DCUO Celebrates Wonder Woman Day With Free Gifts For All

DCUO Celebrates Wonder Woman Day With Free Gifts For All

Legion of Doom Episode coming in December.

By Jason Winter - 1 day ago
Quasar Tests Well And Could Pave The Way For Tremendous Changes To The EVE Online Universe

Message management is key and CCP is experimenting with new tech on that front.

By Michael Byrne - 2 weeks ago
Bless Unleashed's Awakened Update Launches on Consoles

Bless Unleashed's Awakened Update Launches on Consoles

Grab it on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One now.

Blizzard Posts Job Openings For Unannounced AAA Open-world Multiplayer RPG

Blizzard Posts Job Openings For Unannounced AAA Open-world Multiplayer RPG

FPS and IP development also mentioned among preferred skills.

By Jason Winter - 1 week ago