Club Penguin Shuts Down Today

Jason Winter
By Jason Winter, News Editor

Club Penguin

It's not our usual fare, but we've at least paid nominal attention to Club Penguin through the years -- if not on the website, then in our personal lives. Magicman's kids played around on it, and I had to cover it for a magazine. I swear, I just played the minigames for research purposes ...

We won't be paying attention to it for much longer, though -- at least on PC. After nearly a dozen years, Disney is shutting down the free-to-play gaming site at midnight PDT tonight. But that ending is also the precursor to a new beginning -- namely, a new mobile game called Club Penguin Island.

It's always a little sad when a long-running game shuts down, even if it's something you may have outgrown years ago. If you're feeling nostalgic, check out the Club Penguin website and some of the game's memorials, posted by the staff members. Do you have any fond Club Penguin memories that you'd like to share?

In this article: Club Penguin, Disney.

Jason Winter
Jason Winter, News Editor
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.

Clubpenguin Island Sucks 5 years ago
Clubpenguin Island Sucks. I tried this game for a while and wanted to review it. But the original clubpenguin browser game was better. Clubpenguin Island feels like a downgraded version of the original clubpenguin game. If you want to play clubpenguin island you better have a credit card otherwise you better go find another game to play. But one thing I do hate is that I can't play clubpenguin island on my computer. I'd love to play it on my computer I hate that clubpenguin island is for mobile devices only.

Clubpenguin Island Sucks 5 years ago
After trying this game for a bit I wanted to review it. The game is horrible. It felt like a downgraded version of the browser version of Club Penguin. If you want to even have fun on Club Penguin Island be sure to have a credit card otherwise you better find another game to play.

furry fury 5 years ago
It was a game? i thought it was a advertisement for a product.

Clubpenguin Island Sucks 5 years ago
I tried clubpenguin Island and it's not that great. I will remember clubpenguin for the good times it had.

That Guy 5 years ago
I once became a moderator and I embraced 4chan by banning a bunch of random people that were around me. Good times.

Paul Cain 5 years ago
ok midnight????????? srssly?

Fallout Shelter Is Now On Steam; New Update Adds 30 Quests, Including Easter Quest

Want to play Fallout Shelter but bristle at the notion of needing Bethesda's launcher to do so?...

By Jason Winter - 5 years ago

Disney Dreamlight Valley Infographic Confirms Multiplayer For 2023, But We're Still Missing A Lot Of Details

A long-awaited feature for the game gets no mention.

By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
Breaking From Typical MMORPGs: Looking Back At Broken Ranks One Year Later

đź’Ł Feature | Breaking From Typical MMORPGs: Looking Back At Broken Ranks One Year Later

A lot can change in a year, but has Broken Ranks hit its stride yet?

By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago
Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

It’s time to challenge your friends to see who's the stronger player.

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed Launches First Big Free DLC

Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed Launches First Big Free DLC

Introducing the newest ghost type: Glutton

By Aspen Pash - 1 day ago
MMORPG "The Quinfall" Is Promising A Lot Including "Adapting Real Life Into A 'Meta' World"

That isn't the only claim the new company behind the title is boasting though...

Dauntless’s Saint’s Bond Is Back And Filled With More Love Than Ever

Dauntless’s Saint’s Bond Is Back And Filled With More Love Than Ever

Who needs a Player 2 when you have NPCs to get close to?

By Aspen Pash - 19 hours ago