Gamigo and Drago Entertainment will be sending the first players to survival training in the decimated world of Grimlands. This first step of beta testing will focus on technical details such as server stability, optimization of the network code and testing new features.
This first beta version of the shooter MMO Grimlands includes a dozen new dungeons full of post-apocalyptic adventure for groups of players. Weather effects cast dark shadows on the landscapes with dynamic clouds, rain showers and other weather events! The PhysX Engine allows the environment to react to external influences in a physically accurate manner. New vehicles consume gasoline and can be equipped with weapons and armoring.
The crafting system, which plays a key role in the player-controlled economy, has been given a complete overhaul. A variety of professions, such as weaponsmith, armorer or engineer, allows players to choose specializations. New and better building plans are unlocked by increasing one’s skill level.
All new features in Grimlands at a glance:
– PhysX physical engine implemented
– 12 new dungeons
– Complex weather system (dynamic clouds, rain and other weather patterns)
– Crafting system overhauled, new professions for specialization
– New vehicles with the PhysX physical engine
– Vehicles can cause damage
– Vehicles can be equipped with weapons and armoring
– Vehicles consume gasoline
– New graphics effects
More information can be found at http://grimlands.gamigo.com/