After lots of teases and loads of “behind the scenes” talk and video — the above trailer came out last August — PlanetSide 2 finally has a new continent.
The swamp continent of Hossin went live this morning, along with a bunch of new updates and changes to the game. Highlights include:
* Continent locking: Empires can now lock a continent by possessing 94% of its territory or winning an alert. All players on the continent will be redirected to another one. A maximum of two continents can be locked at any one time, leaving the other two open.
* Continent benefits for locking have been considerably beefed up, up to 50% reductions in costs of Infantry, Mechanized, or Aerospace purchases (previously 10%) for the original three continents, and 25% XP gain for locking Hossin.
* Warpgates only rotate after a continent is unlocked, and are no longer on the two-week schedule.
* An outfit recruiting system has been implemented.
* When an outfit captures a base, by virtue of having the highest score by its members in the capture process, it will be reflected in the banners flown at the base as well as on the map.
You can read the full update notes here. Now, get back to your killin’.