More People Are Playing Rogue Company Than Have Ever Played Any Other Hi-Rez Game

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor October 5, 2020

Thing's are looking pretty good for Rogue Company, Hi-Rez's new shooter. In fact, even though the game only recently entered open beta, it's already beating the player count of every other game on the company's roster. According to a tweet from Hi-Rez Co-Founder and CEO, Stewart Chisam, the game's player count has been steadily increasing with approximately 2.5 million new players since open beta kicked off.

Interestingly, this tweet was posted yesterday (October 4), at which point he stated that 25% more people played the game than had the day before. That number knocked the player count up to a point where it's 50% higher than Smite, Paladins, or Realm Royale on any give day. It'll be interesting to see if that number continues to increase and by how much it will continue to beat those games.

Josh 2 years ago
Honestly my friend showed me rogue company a few months back and I've been playing it since. I predominately like first person gaming and will play SOME third person games if it fits the Bill. RoCo takes the cake for me as introduces so many aspects from gaming that we know and love and it creates I think gaming gold, as I said I like first person gaming, but playing RoCo is a breath of fresh air for me. It definately has a zest to it which draws me in, whether that be the culmination of multiplayer mechanics with a dusting of battle royale or the shoulder swap mechanics I just think it's a very well rounded game and it could very well compete with AAA companies in the near future. Hi hopes for Hi-rez with this gem.

Connor 2 years ago
I can see how it's fun but for me I can't play with 3rd person (come from paladins)

Allwynd 2 years ago
I couldn't get into the 3rd person perspective for a competitive shooter... it just feels out of place and not as immersive as even the oldest, worst and clunkiest 1st person shooter. IMO, 3rd person works for games like Defiance, Warframe, Division, etc. where there is also some PvE content alongside and PvP is not the main focus. If the game is 3rd person and doesn't have any PvE content, I just can't get into it.

I tried playing it twice, but each time I uninstalled after about 10 minutes, also the whole Battle Royale mechanics with dropping from the sky and incapacitating opponents before killing them only makes this even worse and more unlikable for me.

Take Over The Red Baron's Powerful Strike Frigate In Marauders' First Early Access Update, And It's Free

It's going to take a lot more than luck to bring this ace pilot to their knees.

By Michael Byrne - 2 days ago
Cammy and Ryu Get The Bean Treatment In Fall Guys’ Latest Crossover

Cammy and Ryu Get The Bean Treatment In Fall Guys’ Latest Crossover

The Street Fighter crew joins the chaos.

Call Of Duty: Warzone Caldera Is A "Gutted" Warzone 1.0 Relaunch Lacking In Content With Many Flaws

"This is sad, not even the store has content."

By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago
It May Not Have The Polish Of Battlerite Yet, But Fangs' Early Access Certainly Reminds Us Of That Game

MOBA fans get a new title to check out, but this one may be a faster pace than other competition.

By Michael Byrne - 2 days ago
Lost Ark's December Update Plans Revealed, And There's Still Events Running To Help Prep For The Climactic Raid Coming

The Brelshaza Legion Raid sees you facing off against the Commander of the Phantom Legion.

By Michael Byrne - 4 days ago
RuneScape Preps Advent Calendar And December Content; Dragon Weapons Reworked In Today's Update

A slew of quality-of-life improvements came today, too.

By Anthony Jones - 5 days ago