More People Are Playing Rogue Company Than Have Ever Played Any Other Hi-Rez Game

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor October 5, 2020

Thing's are looking pretty good for Rogue Company, Hi-Rez's new shooter. In fact, even though the game only recently entered open beta, it's already beating the player count of every other game on the company's roster. According to a tweet from Hi-Rez Co-Founder and CEO, Stewart Chisam, the game's player count has been steadily increasing with approximately 2.5 million new players since open beta kicked off.

Interestingly, this tweet was posted yesterday (October 4), at which point he stated that 25% more people played the game than had the day before. That number knocked the player count up to a point where it's 50% higher than Smite, Paladins, or Realm Royale on any give day. It'll be interesting to see if that number continues to increase and by how much it will continue to beat those games.

Josh 1 year ago
Honestly my friend showed me rogue company a few months back and I've been playing it since. I predominately like first person gaming and will play SOME third person games if it fits the Bill. RoCo takes the cake for me as introduces so many aspects from gaming that we know and love and it creates I think gaming gold, as I said I like first person gaming, but playing RoCo is a breath of fresh air for me. It definately has a zest to it which draws me in, whether that be the culmination of multiplayer mechanics with a dusting of battle royale or the shoulder swap mechanics I just think it's a very well rounded game and it could very well compete with AAA companies in the near future. Hi hopes for Hi-rez with this gem.

Connor 1 year ago
I can see how it's fun but for me I can't play with 3rd person (come from paladins)

Allwynd 1 year ago
I couldn't get into the 3rd person perspective for a competitive shooter... it just feels out of place and not as immersive as even the oldest, worst and clunkiest 1st person shooter. IMO, 3rd person works for games like Defiance, Warframe, Division, etc. where there is also some PvE content alongside and PvP is not the main focus. If the game is 3rd person and doesn't have any PvE content, I just can't get into it.

I tried playing it twice, but each time I uninstalled after about 10 minutes, also the whole Battle Royale mechanics with dropping from the sky and incapacitating opponents before killing them only makes this even worse and more unlikable for me.

Everything's Sunny Side Up As Trove's Sunrise Update Preps For A New Class On June 28

The update features a new class, new biome, and more.

Iron Gate AB Set To Launch Valheim On Microsoft Store And Xbox Platforms, Xbox Game Pass Starting Soon

It'll be even easier to play 2021's surprise title.

By Anthony Jones - 2 weeks ago
Valve Launches Update To Fix Issues Highlighted By The “Save TF2” Campaign

Valve Launches Update To Fix Issues Highlighted By The “Save TF2” Campaign

The update takes aim at bots of all kinds.

Watch Your Mouth: Valorant Will Begin To Record In-Game Voice Chat In July

Watch Your Mouth: Valorant Will Begin To Record In-Game Voice Chat In July

There will soon be consequences for toxic voice chat players.

Nexon Drops Launch Trailer For Beat ‘Em Up DNF Duel

Nexon Drops Launch Trailer For Beat ‘Em Up DNF Duel

Soon, fans of Dungeon and Fighter can get their battle on.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Amid Player Backlash, Recent Changes To Guild Wars 2 Profession Update Receives Follow-Up Post

Moving forward, ‘design notes’ will be continuously published.