More People Are Playing Rogue Company Than Have Ever Played Any Other Hi-Rez Game

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor October 5, 2020

Thing's are looking pretty good for Rogue Company, Hi-Rez's new shooter. In fact, even though the game only recently entered open beta, it's already beating the player count of every other game on the company's roster. According to a tweet from Hi-Rez Co-Founder and CEO, Stewart Chisam, the game's player count has been steadily increasing with approximately 2.5 million new players since open beta kicked off.

Interestingly, this tweet was posted yesterday (October 4), at which point he stated that 25% more people played the game than had the day before. That number knocked the player count up to a point where it's 50% higher than Smite, Paladins, or Realm Royale on any give day. It'll be interesting to see if that number continues to increase and by how much it will continue to beat those games.

Josh 10 months ago
Honestly my friend showed me rogue company a few months back and I've been playing it since. I predominately like first person gaming and will play SOME third person games if it fits the Bill. RoCo takes the cake for me as introduces so many aspects from gaming that we know and love and it creates I think gaming gold, as I said I like first person gaming, but playing RoCo is a breath of fresh air for me. It definately has a zest to it which draws me in, whether that be the culmination of multiplayer mechanics with a dusting of battle royale or the shoulder swap mechanics I just think it's a very well rounded game and it could very well compete with AAA companies in the near future. Hi hopes for Hi-rez with this gem.

Connor 11 months ago
I can see how it's fun but for me I can't play with 3rd person (come from paladins)

Allwynd 11 months ago
I couldn't get into the 3rd person perspective for a competitive shooter... it just feels out of place and not as immersive as even the oldest, worst and clunkiest 1st person shooter. IMO, 3rd person works for games like Defiance, Warframe, Division, etc. where there is also some PvE content alongside and PvP is not the main focus. If the game is 3rd person and doesn't have any PvE content, I just can't get into it.

I tried playing it twice, but each time I uninstalled after about 10 minutes, also the whole Battle Royale mechanics with dropping from the sky and incapacitating opponents before killing them only makes this even worse and more unlikable for me.

Riot Games Snags Former Witcher 3 Lead Quest Designer To Work On League Of Legends MMO

It would appear things are progressing nicely.

Enlisted Tests New Destruction Game Mode

Enlisted Tests New Destruction Game Mode

Plant mines or stop the other team from planting theirs.

By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Roblox Offers Beta Of Proximity Voice Chat

Roblox Offers Beta Of Proximity Voice Chat

Spatial Voice is for ages 13 and up, requires verification of identity.

By Jason Winter - 5 days ago
Bless Unleashed’s First PC Update Adds Twisted Spider Queen Boss But May Have To Close The Marketplace

It also introduces new UI improvements.

The Zombie Horde Returns In World War Z: Aftermath, Out Today

The Zombie Horde Returns In World War Z: Aftermath, Out Today

Take the fight to the streets of Rome with the new Vanguard class.

By Jason Winter - 1 week ago