UPDATE, April 20: Horizon is now available for free! Get it by May 15!
Original story: Alrighty PlayStation fans, get ready for some free games. Sony’s Play At Home initative returned this month with free games, and there’s quite a few of them. Most of the offering are indie games — but really good indie games. Beginning March 25, players will have the opportunity to snag the following games for free:
- Abzû: An underwater adventure from one of the artist behind Journey and Flower.
- Enter the Gungeon: A gunfight dungeon crawler with plenty of shooting, looting, and more.
- Rez Infinite: An artistic take on shooter action playable on both PS4 and PSVR.
- Subnautica: An underwater exploration and survival game set on an alien planet.
- The Witness: A Myst-inspired puzzle game filled with lots of locations to explore and more than 500 puzzles.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission: A PSVR offering in which players take control of Astro and rescue his friends.
- Moss: An action-adventure puzzle PSVR game focusing on a young mouse with big dreams and her adventures.
- Thumper: A PSVR game described as “rhythm violence”. Players play as a space beetle braving the void and confronting a giant head from the future.
- Paper Beast: A PSVR game with a papercraft look. It takes place in a dreamlike ecosystem born from lost internet data.
Of course, our headline does say that Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the offerings. Beginning April 19, players will be able to pick up the Complete Edition. You’ll have until May 15 to grab the game, so there’s plenty of time. Just don’t let yourself forget about it.
Oh, and as one last bonus, at the same time you’re picking up all the indie freebies, you might want to check and see if the extended trial of Funimation (or Wakanim) is available in your region. The indie game and the extended trial offer will all be available to pick up through April 22. So, again. You have about a month to grab whatever you want.