After five years of development and Alpha Testing, Solid Clouds’ sci-fi MMORTS Starborne is almost ready to make the leap into Open Beta. But before that happens, the developer has decided Alpha phase needs to go out with a bang — in the form of a Tournament Server.
The server will launch on December 1, bringing with it new mechanics and rules — composed in cooperation with the game’s community. There will also be new in-game rewards. Aside from continued testing, the server will give players an idea of what they’ll be looking at when Open Beta launches in early 2020.
To prepare players for the Tournament server, Solid Clouds has provided a short list of its special rules and features. These can be seen below.
- Entry Requirements – Premium Account status or having built six stations in any server
- Shop Closed – Only cosmetics, Premium Account status and Premium Factions will be available
- Station Building – Complete rework from the ground up
- Multiple Rewards – Participation, Survival and Victory Rewards to be won in-game
- Bigger Coalitions – Coalitions will facilitate 100 players in total, increased from 60
- Earlier Lockdown – Alliance and Coalition lockdowns will happen on Day 29 (beginning of week five)
- No More Navy Base – Navy Base is removed from the game
- Return to Sender – Alliance/Coalition structures will automatically return fleets if they are over the fleet cap
- Bug Smashing – The development team will be spending a significant amount of time smashing bugs prior to (and during) the Tournament Server
Additional information is available on the game’s site.