Changes Coming To Huttball And Arenas In Star Wars: The Old Republic
Today, Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Manager Eric Musco dropped more information on planned changes to warzones -- this time covering Huttball and Arenas.
To improve Huttball, the development team is taking a look at better balancing the game so that classes with movement abilities don't have an advantage. The changes include having players carrying the Huttball during play being hindered so that they can not use abilities like Force Charge or Scamper.
In addition, players will be unable to catch the Huttball while stunned, and players will earn more attacker points when catching a pass from a teammate.
As for arenas, the team is currently working on ways to prevent exploiting while punishing those who attempt to exploit. Some of the plans currently on the table are:
- Characters who hack their way into places they shouldn’t be, such as outside the arena or in the ground, will die.
- Currently, acid causes characters to take 10% of their max health in damage every second, prevents stealth and all healing.
- Acid will now work as follows:
- Characters will take 1% of their max health in damage every second and reduce all healing done/received by 2% per stack.
- Characters affected by acid will begin with one stack and gain one stack per second.
- Acid will still inhibit stealth.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Mobile Shooter Tacticool Now Available On PC, Punny Name And All
The game can be downloaded via the My.Games store.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Next Gen Console Versions of Black Desert Online Are In The Works
The news came in a letter specifically addressing the console versions of the game.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Shuts Down
Stick a f-Ork in it.By Jason Winter - 4 days ago
Space MMO Starbase Updates Its Roadmap Citing Thorough Testing
But, A few things have been pushed back.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Vampire Survival Game V Rising Gets First Gameplay Trailer
Sink your teeth into it.By Jason Winter - 2 days ago
Evaverse Looks Like A Shinier, Newer Second Life
The “social immersion” platform launched on Steam as free-to-play.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago