Help The US Navy Fight The Rise Of Skynet... By Playing Games

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor

The title might be a bit of a joke, but the US Navy is actually running a week-long online game as a crowdsourcing project designed to help them address singularity. This browser-based game will have players contributing ideas and interacting with other players to come up with solutions to the issue.

According to Dr. Eric Gulovsen, the director of technology at ONR, technology has advanced to the point that we can't see what's next. Since the problem is so broad, they're looking for people of all types to help with the project.

The game will run for a week starting on March 27. Those wanting to help with the project can sign up on the Maritime Singularity MMOwgli site.

In this article: mmowgli.

The Grump! 5 years ago
what bunch off bullshit!!... donts waist ur brine on this video omfg give back 10min of my life...
this shit is just as true as DONALD TRUMP wuld be sane minded

voydd 5 years ago
I got me interested, I signed up, we will see:)

LAMBDA471 5 years ago
They don't even post actual footage, just some chick talking about boring stuff.

Curst 5 years ago
The whole thing sounds like a joke, not just the title. People in the West are beginning to see "broad problems" everywhere because they've forgotten what it's like when your everyday life is survival... -_-

Sara O´connor 5 years ago
She is skynet!! dont trust her!!

DOA 5 years ago
It's the peoples fault if skynet happens for building self driving cars and forcing digital assistance's like cortana or SIRI or amazon echo and other ones I haven't mentioned but these were the three major ones I do know down our throats even though we don't want them or have no use for a digital assistance I know I don't and would turn off cortana if I can but microsoft thinks I need a digital assistant even though I don't. I've also seen computers in cars and computers at gas pumps and computers in places where they don't even need to exist and are very unnecessary and annoying for me and I'm sure they are annoying for other people to but one of my biggest concerns is a television airing live tv or a computer at a gas pump so you can watch tv or play pandora radio or do apps while you pump gas? If the US navy want's to fight skynet they would try to convince society to stop doing idiotic things like putting electronics on a gas pump because all your supose to do is go there put gas in your car go in unless your paying at the pump with a credit card then go on with your day. But I actually might sign up I dislike browser games but this article is interesting.

League Of Legends' Greg Street Talks LGBT Characters

League Of Legends' Greg Street Talks LGBT Characters

League of Legends developer Riot Games is looking at the possibility of adding LGBT characters to their popular MOBA at some point in the future.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 years ago

Secure Brand-New Exclusive Titles In Dauntless’s Gauntlet Season 2 And Consume The Power Of The Thunderdeep In Latest Patch

The Heroic Thunder season is bringing new challenges and new rewards.

By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Ahoy! Sea Of Thieves Enters 2023 With Matchmaking And PVP Improvements As Well As A Brand-New Adventure

Batten down the hatches and prepare for a storm of PvP battles.

Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1.2 Brining New Weapons And Balance Changes

Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1.2 Brining New Weapons And Balance Changes

The update is live starting today.

By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Dead By Daylight’s New Archives Tome Takes Players Deepers Into The Medieval World

Pick up where you left off in Forged in Fog.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
It Doesn't Matter Where You Are In Space, You Can Celebrate The Lunar New Year In Eve Online

Apparently Earth’s moon is still the most loved moon.