Help The US Navy Fight The Rise Of Skynet... By Playing Games

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor Posted:

The title might be a bit of a joke, but the US Navy is actually running a week-long online game as a crowdsourcing project designed to help them address singularity. This browser-based game will have players contributing ideas and interacting with other players to come up with solutions to the issue.

According to Dr. Eric Gulovsen, the director of technology at ONR, technology has advanced to the point that we can't see what's next. Since the problem is so broad, they're looking for people of all types to help with the project.

The game will run for a week starting on March 27. Those wanting to help with the project can sign up on the Maritime Singularity MMOwgli site.

In this article: mmowgli.

QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various gaming sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.

The Grump! 6 years ago
what bunch off bullshit!!... donts waist ur brine on this video omfg give back 10min of my life...
this shit is just as true as DONALD TRUMP wuld be sane minded

voydd 6 years ago
I got me interested, I signed up, we will see:)

LAMBDA471 6 years ago
They don't even post actual footage, just some chick talking about boring stuff.

Curst 6 years ago
The whole thing sounds like a joke, not just the title. People in the West are beginning to see "broad problems" everywhere because they've forgotten what it's like when your everyday life is survival... -_-

Sara O´connor 6 years ago
She is skynet!! dont trust her!!

DOA 6 years ago
It's the peoples fault if skynet happens for building self driving cars and forcing digital assistance's like cortana or SIRI or amazon echo and other ones I haven't mentioned but these were the three major ones I do know down our throats even though we don't want them or have no use for a digital assistance I know I don't and would turn off cortana if I can but microsoft thinks I need a digital assistant even though I don't. I've also seen computers in cars and computers at gas pumps and computers in places where they don't even need to exist and are very unnecessary and annoying for me and I'm sure they are annoying for other people to but one of my biggest concerns is a television airing live tv or a computer at a gas pump so you can watch tv or play pandora radio or do apps while you pump gas? If the US navy want's to fight skynet they would try to convince society to stop doing idiotic things like putting electronics on a gas pump because all your supose to do is go there put gas in your car go in unless your paying at the pump with a credit card then go on with your day. But I actually might sign up I dislike browser games but this article is interesting.

League Of Legends' Greg Street Talks LGBT Characters

League Of Legends' Greg Street Talks LGBT Characters

League of Legends developer Riot Games is looking at the possibility of adding LGBT characters to their popular MOBA at some point in the future.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 years ago

Go Back To School With The Lost Ark Mokoko Kindergarten Ark Pass

Go Back To School With The Lost Ark Mokoko Kindergarten Ark Pass

It arrives tomorrow, September 20th.

By Troy Blackburn - 6 days ago
Our Most Played MMORPGs In 2023

💣 Feature | Our Most Played MMORPGs In 2023

Here's what the MMOBomb staff have been playing this year.

By Troy Blackburn - 2 days ago
Vindictus Unleashes New Raid With A Boss Monster Who Wields Different Weapons Every Phase

Team up and take on Eisen Ritter.

By Troy Blackburn - 5 days ago
TGS 2023: Bethesda Announces The Elder Scrolls Online Coming To Consoles In Japan And Fallout 76 Getting Two Part Update

Japanese players can look forward to fully localized ESO.

By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago
TGS 2023: Yoshi-P Provides More Details On Patch 6.5 In PLL 79

TGS 2023: Yoshi-P Provides More Details On Patch 6.5 In PLL 79

You have about a week to get all your pre-patch stuff done.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
World Of Warcraft Classic Adding Ice Crown Citadel This October, And Everything In WoW This Week

Your weekly preview of all things WoW.

By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago