Today, Blizzard dropped a really cool animated video introducing World of Warcraft’s Kel’Thuzad, founder of the Cult of the Damned and Servant of the Lich King, as the next character to join Heroes of the Storm.
Kel’Thuzad is an Assassin class, and should deal a good bit of damage while utilizing a variety of CCs. His abilities — which so far I have only found listed on PCGamesN — are reportedly as follows:
- Hero Trait: Master of the Cold Dark
- Quest: Gain 1 Blight every time a Hero is rooted by Frost Nove or Chains of Kel’Thuzad.
- Reward: After gaining 15 Blight, the cooldown of all Basic Abilities is reduced by 2 seconds.
- Reward: After gaining 30 Blight, gain 75% Spell Power.
- Q: Death and Decay
- After 0.5 seconds, launch an orb that explodes upon hitting an enemy, dealing 150 damage to enemies in the area. The explosion leaves behind a pool of decay that lasts 2 seconds, dealing 70 damage every 0.5 seconds to enemies.
- W: Frost Nova
- Create a nova that explodes after 1 second, dealing 212 damage to enemies inside and Slowing them by 35% for 2.5 seconds. Enemies in the center are Rooted for 1 second.
- E: Chains of Kel’Thuzad
- Launch a chain, dealing 97 damage to the first enemy Hero or Structure hit. For 4 seconds after hitting an enemy, Chains can be reactivated to launch to an additional enemy, pulling both enemies together and Stunning them for 0.5 seconds.
- Heroic Ability 1: Frost Blast
- Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals 100 damage to its target and 275 damage to enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frozen Tomb are Rooted for 1.5 seconds.
- Heroic Ability 2: Shadow Fissure
- Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing 440 damage to enemy Heroes in its area.