Kickstarter CCG Allians Puts You -- And Everyone Else -- In The Game

Jason Winter
By Jason Winter, News Editor

Most CCGs put you in control of powerful wizards, technologically superior aliens, secret agents -- or a combination of all three. Claimony's Allians, an upcoming F2P CCG for Android, iOS, and Steam, has instead decided to take a different path, by putting the players themselves into the game.

Allians uses your Steam profile to create a card with a faction of your choosing and five stats based on your Steam activity. It's easy enough to do via the card creation page on the Allians website. Try it for yourself and see how you match up with my card. Personally, I think I'm OP.

allians-jasons-card

The game is certainly looking to forge a strong link with e-sports. I learned about it via a press release titled "Allians CCG lets you play against the female leads of competitive Counter-Strike" which seemed to go in about three different directions. It's already got a Hall of Fame, which I presume are filled with significant e-sports stars/streamers? Sorry, competitive CS:GO isn't my scene.

As for the game itself, there's a description on the Kickstarter page and you can learn more on the Allians website. Having seen similarly "meta" gaming concepts, I think it'll be a little to esoteric to draw in a huge audience, but at least Claimony has a plan and offers a unique hook to get players interested.

In this article: Allians, Claimony.

Jason Winter
Jason Winter, News Editor
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.

HiMaster 6 years ago
cool, they are inventing even more ways to scam people. and i love how they do not show the gameplay at all.

developers/publishers really are the lowest life form.

Hellsworth 6 years ago
So... let me see if i get this right. Pay to Steam to Win. The more money spend on steam = more hours on games spent on steam = more stats in my card = win! That it? If it is, P2St2W just got invented!

Hearthstone To Address Arena Class Balance By Removing Cards

Hearthstone To Address Arena Class Balance By Removing Cards

When playing Arena in Hearthstone, there are really only two questions: How should I build my mage/rogue deck or how will I get by if I didn't get mage or rogue?...

By Jason Winter - 6 years ago

Naraka: Bladepoint’s Next Major Update Offers An Amazing Boss Fight And Exciting New PvE

A new hero will also be joining Naraka’s PvE roster.

New World Devs Talk About Leaderboards And The Shell Company Problem

New World Devs Talk About Leaderboards And The Shell Company Problem

Leaderboards are coming tomorrow and New World listened to player feedback.

By Troy Blackburn - 1 day ago
Evil Dead: The Game Lets You Slaughter Deadites In New 40 Player Battle Royale

Evil Dead: The Game Lets You Slaughter Deadites In New 40 Player Battle Royale

A groovy new game mode and Lucy Lawless make their way to Evil Dead: The Game.

By Troy Blackburn - 5 days ago
SWTOR Is Bringing Back Two In-Game Events For February

SWTOR Is Bringing Back Two In-Game Events For February

Love is most certainly not in the air in this galaxy.

The Ill Omens Skirmish Event Returns To Lord Of The Rings Online, But It Brings Changes This Year

The 5th Season of the Legendary Items Reward Track is almost here as well.

Terror Reigns From The Skies In Season 3 Of The Cycle: Frontier

Terror Reigns From The Skies In Season 3 Of The Cycle: Frontier

The new Howler monster can fly, and it's terrifying!

By Troy Blackburn - 5 days ago