Xbox One launch title Killer Instinct has come to PCs, along with the game’s season 3 content, but there’s a catch. To get into all the fist-flailing, sword-swinging action, you’ll need to have Windows 10 installed.
In addition, you’ll only be able to download the game from the Windows store — sorry, there’s no Steam release. If you own the game on Xbox One, any purchases you’ve made will carry over into the PC version.
The game also promises that Gargos will be coming to the fighting arena in May, with another new fighter added in each of June and July, as well as a new multiplayer mode in July. The single-player Shadow Lords campaign is also in the works, and it sounds pretty cool:
Shadow Lords is part ladder, part arcade mode, part story mode, and part roguelike, all rolled up into one unique experience.
· Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
· Choose any character to “main” and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
· As characters are added to the game after launch, they’ll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
· There’s a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
· The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs.