Nexon Announces New MMO With Aerial Combat: Riders of Icarus

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor

roi

Nexon and WeMade Entertainment are adding a new game to their free-to-play lineup. Riders of Icarus is a new MMORPG featuring aerial combat using flying mounts.

Riders of Icarus is designed by WeMade to make aerial combat the focus of the game while allowing players to collect a wide variety of flying mounts. WeMade Producer Seok Hoon stated in a press release that the company wants “to bring an all-new element to MMORPGs: aerial combat.” He goes on to say:

“There are many games with dragons and other flying mounts, but they hardly ever impact battles in a meaningful and entertaining way. In Riders of Icarus, mounts truly add another level of challenge and excitement, delivering expansive vertical gameplay in addition to action-oriented ground mount combat.”

Mounts include, but are definitely not limited to, dragons, pegasi, owls, bears, and more.

Those interested in checking the game out can sign up for a local server beta test (North America and Mexico) -- which will run from Thursday, Jan 28 to Tuesday, Feb 2. A larger closed beta test for North America, Mexico, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand will be announced at a later time.

ICARUS_LOGO_white

anip 7 years ago
I been trying to do the Beta Sign Up, but I keep on getting a weird Captcha error.

I have ADblock disabled, all script is allowed, and it still gives me error...

It says "Unknow error occured"
And if I click NEXT
It says "Captcha failed. Reload"
Then I Reload and do the "I'm not a robot" again...
And same things happen... it's a never ending loop.

After a while it gives me a "Too many Request"...

Guess I won't be playing this game.

James 7 years ago
Personally, I refuse to play any new games by Nexon after my experience with their games in the past.

Domingo 7 years ago
Can you play riders of icarus in a mac ?

Uvi 7 years ago
GUNS OF ICARUS?

The Macho Madness 7 years ago
>Flying Mounts.
>Mounts include bears

I know that's not meant to say there will be flying bears...But I want flying bears...

Paladins Releses the Chicken Patch

Paladins Releses the Chicken Patch

Hi-Rez dropped another patch full of changes to the beta of their free-to-play FPS-MOBA Paladins.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 7 years ago

KartRider: Drift Season 1 Launches On PC, Mobile, And Consoles With Brand-New Content On March 8th

If you end up switching devices for Season 1, all your progress will carry over from the Preseason.

By Anthony Jones - 3 days ago
10 Best MMORPGs For Beginners In 2023

💣 Feature | 10 Best MMORPGs For Beginners In 2023

Here are our top picks for any beginner hoping to discover their first MMORPG journey.

By Anthony Jones - 3 days ago
Blade & Soul Producer’s Letter Reveals Lighter Content Delivery For 2023

Blade & Soul Producer’s Letter Reveals Lighter Content Delivery For 2023

There is a need for additional development time.

SWTOR Is Bringing Back Two In-Game Events For February

SWTOR Is Bringing Back Two In-Game Events For February

Love is most certainly not in the air in this galaxy.

Redfall Answers Persistent Online and Xbox Gold Questions In New FAQ

Redfall Answers Persistent Online and Xbox Gold Questions In New FAQ

Is always online and Xbox Gold required?

By Troy Blackburn - 2 days ago
Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

It’s time to challenge your friends to see who's the stronger player.