After recent issues with the Star Trek Online Mac client, Perfect World has decided to drop it altogether.
The company announced the decision on the game's forums stating that they "cannot promise to deliver an experience on Mac that meets [their] expectations of quality," and that they have decided to stop supporting the Mac version as of Feb 5th.
In addition to this they listed some "important notes" for the shutdown, which you can view below.
- The Mac client will be unavailable for download starting on February 5th.
- Anyone with an existing Mac client will be able to play, but the game will become permanently unavailable via our Mac client by Spring of this year.
- We will be shutting off C-Store for all Mac users to prevent players from continuing to make purchases before it permanently shuts down.
- We will be processing reimbursements and refunds over the next few weeks.
- We will be canceling and refunding any active recurring subscriptions purchased between October 1, 2015 and today, including Lifetime Subscriptions. If a payment was made other than a credit card or Paypal, the value of the subscription will be reimbursed to your Arc Account Balance.
- We will be reimbursing any Zen that was purchased through Arc or Steam between October 1, 2015 and today to your Arc Account Balance.
- We will be reimbursing the value of any Packs purchased through Arc or Steam between October 1, 2015 and today to your Arc Account Balance.
For those still seeking to play the game on Mac the developers suggested using a program to simulate a Windows environment.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various gaming sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Tom Clancy's Endwar Now Available Everywhere
Tom Clancy's Endwar Online is officially available on Steam, Facebook, and Kongregate as of today.By QuintLyn Bowers - 7 years ago
You May Enjoy
New World Takes You On A Deep Dive Of The Newest Expedition, The Savage Divide
Players must band together to protect Aeternum.By Troy Blackburn - 2 days ago
XDefiant Announces Public Test Session Of "Preseason" Content On PC
That’s their version of a Public Test Server.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
Leaks Were True: New Character Coming To SMITE: Mage Assassin Maman Brigitte
She excels in the jungle with her damage-over-time abilities.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago
Conan Exiles Age of War Chapter 2 Is Now Live, Improving Loot And Revamping The Purge Systems
This free update focuses on the game's base-building and follower system.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 6 days ago
Blood Bowl III’s Season 2 Is About To Kick Off, But Some Awaited Changes Just Aren't Ready Yet
It’s time to introduce a new faction.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Players Already Made Opinions Clear, But RuneScape Seeks More Player Feedback To Improve The Hero Pass
The developers are introducing a Community Consultation system.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago