Polished Gold: Black Gold Online Set To Hit Closed Beta
Snail Games' steampunk-inspired MMO Black Gold Online just wrapped up its alpha testing phase (we were there!) and is getting ready to enter closed beta. A press release and blog post outline the changes being made to the game based on feedback from players. Notably:
* A graphics update "will aim to reinforce the core art concept of Black Gold Online," that being an industrial/fantasy blend of styles.
* interface improvements, aimed at being "less obtrusive" than earlier implementations and allowing easier access to the various game windows and menus.
* Revisions to the combat system, which we thought was rather dry, as well as quest lines and general PvE adventuring.
* Changes to mounted PvP (yes, MOUNTED!), aimed at allowing players more flexibility in upgrading their vehicles and making them generally more usable across all modes of play.
* And four new classes -- the thaumaturge, gunslinger, beastmaster, and skycaller -- as well as tweaks to the eight existing classes.
There's no set date yet on when the closed beta will start, so stay tuned for further updates!
About the Author
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.
You May Enjoy
Is Marvel's Avengers Dead? Looks Like Disney Will Have The Final Say With Embracer's Purchase of Crystal Dynamics
Will Disney allow for Embracer to continue to make new Marvel titles, or will Disney say ‘no’ in a bigger plan?By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Lost Ark's Destined For Destruction Update Reveals New Destroyer Advanced Class, Legion Raid, And More
Hammer time!By Anthony Jones - 17 hours ago
Elyon Gets A Familiar Tank Role When The Paladin Class Drops On May 25, Free Stuff On The Line
Pre-register now and get an exclusive outfit.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
Epic Games Is Giving Fortnite The Roblox Treatment By Releasing An Unreal Editor For It
The company plans to support creators building businesses around the game.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
You Can Play Arma Reforger's Early Access Today While Waiting On Arma 4
Arma 4 might be some ways off, but that doesn't mean players have to wait until then to enjoy the fun.By Aspen Pash - 45 minutes ago
Decks Up: GWENT's Season 1 And 2 Journey Progression Mode Returns Today
Starring Season 1 Geralt and Season 2's Ciri cards for free.By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago