Following the launch of Ring of Elysium last month, Tencent is ready to reveal some of its plans for the game’s future. The company sent out a press release earlier today with a summary of the first three stages of content updates.
The first stage is pretty simple and includes optimization, anti-cheat measures, and — good news for Russian and Portuguese players — additional language support.
In the second stage, Tencent will be working on features, overhauling character animation, character customization, and more. Some of the listed items include:
- Added Personal Icons – players can now customize their personal icons
- Dance – players can now set dance moves they have obtained in their collection and use them in-game.
- Lobby Background – players can now choose the lobby background of their choice
- Lobby BGM – players can now customize lobby BGM tracks they have in their collection
- New clothing sets and unique head decorations
- Exclusive Season 1 Chrononauts Set
- Glider customization
- Snowboard customization
- Climbing tool customization
- Backpack customization
Adventurer Pass System
- A 10-week seasonal event system
- Players can earn Adventure Badges by progressing through character season tiers by accumulating in-game experience points.
- Adventurer badges can be used to increase player’s progress through season tiers, increasing the amount of season-specific rewards the player receives.
Finally, in the third stage, Tencent plans to launch European servers. The name of the servers will be revealed later. Players can also expect a revamped version of the tropical island map from the game’s Thailand beta test.