Blizzard has opted to celebrate Kel’Thazud’s introduction to the game with the “Obey the Call” event, a four-part quest chain with special rewards. The quests must be completed in order and can only be done one at a time. They are as follows:
- Ghoul: Play a game with Kel’Thuzad present on either team.
- Reward: Ghoul Portrait
- Acolyte: Achieve 30 takedowns in winning games.
- Reward: Acolyte Portrait
- Necromancer: Achieve 60 takedowns in winning games.
- Rewards: Necromancer Portrait and Necromancer’s Blight Spray
- The Lich Lord: Achieve 90 takedowns in winning games.
- Rewards: Kel’Thuzad Portrait and Naxxramas Warcrest Banner
The Blizzard team also released a five-part video series detailing how Kel’Thuzad made his way into the Nexus. The series is a behind the scenes look at what it took for the developers to make him a a playable hero. The entire series can be watched on the Heroes of the Storm YouTube page.
As always, the new Hero arrives as part of a bigger update. The patch notes for the overall thing can be found on the Heroes of the Storm site.