Adventure Quest 3D Rolls Into Closed Beta

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor July 28, 2016

aq3d

Earlier this week, the Adventure Quest 3D team began the process of transitioning from Pre-Beta to Closed Beta. During server downtime, the team posted a play-by-play status report of what they were doing to complete the transition -- which is actually rather neat and covers everything that occurred, good and bad.(At one point Photoshop's GPU acceleration even stopped working, causing the team to wonder if the machines weren't planning an uprising.)

The transition took a little under two days, starting at 9:00am Monday. Closed Beta went live at 3:50pm Tuesday -- but not before someone accidentally deleted the entire transaction table out of the Database.

With Closed Beta now officially live, players can sign up via the game's site. Those interested in reading the full log of the transition can do so at the link above. Just remember to read from bottom to top.

In this article: Adventure Quest 3D.

ASA 5 years ago
OMG now I see what you mean Badgame I just looked at the developer notes and their twitter. It's sad how they are ruining this game. It look's really clunky even worst then it did in tech demo in my opinion.

ASA 5 years ago
I'm actually gonna make a fake steam account just to try out their MMO since they are 2 lazy to build their own client. I admit I've ripped on their AQ3D project since alpha phase since I highly disliked the way they are going and I still dislike the way they are going with it as of now. It's why I stopped giving money to Artix entertainment games. But since open beta is around the corner and finally everyone will be allowed to log in I wanna see what peoples thoughts are about the AQ3D project and see what they think about it. I still think they could take another year or year and a half in developing the game but that's just my personal opinion I think they are just rushing the release like they have with some of their other games. Last time I've played was in the Pre Beta phase and alot of stuff was broken so I'm kinda hoping they actually improved some of it. The only thing I highly dislike is making us pay micro currency for dungeon keys or waiting for the dungeon keys to recharge just to enter a dungeon that is probably one of my huge dislikes about AQ3D but it's clear they are trying to turn this game into a cash cow.

You Could Win A Free Trip If You Decode World Of Warships' Longest Night Of Museums Puzzle

Piece together a special code from a series of articles and win an all-expenses-paid trip!

By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
NetEase Connect Drops Trailers For Several Games, Here's The Multiplayer Breakdown!

It looks like there’s something for everyone.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
Overwatch 2's New Dev Blog Addresses Balance Considerations And Support Character Changes

Players can expect weekly updates and buffs, nerfs, and changes to Overwatch 2.

Supertrick Games Announces First Open Beta For Survival Action Game Deathverse: Let It Die

It's more than just a beta, it's your chance to break the server.

Blizzard May Be Being Sued Again, This Time Over Hearthstone Card Packs

Blizzard May Be Being Sued Again, This Time Over Hearthstone Card Packs

Once again, a kid spent a good bit of their parents' money on a game without permission.

Your Friends Are Trying To Kill You: Killer In The Cabin Fully Releases Today On Steam

After patching the game up through Early Access, it's finally ready for launch.

By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago