Age of Discovery: Renaissance Heroes Launches

Michael Dunaway
By Michael Dunaway, News Editor February 20, 2013

Just over a month after the start of open beta, Renaissance Heroes has now been deemed officially "live" in both North America and Europe.

The transition into release was accompanied by a new content patch which includes a new playable character called Sika who wears what looks to be a cross between a wizard outfit and jester pants. A new domination mode was introduced along with two new maps called Graveyard and Aqueduct, whose names certainly leave no room for imagination as to what they may entail.

In this article: Renaissance Heroes.

Michael Dunaway
Michael Dunaway, News Editor
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.

Banana 9 years ago
mounted

mjaybird 9 years ago
this game is a quake like game. Today people play call of duty and hide around objects and pop out and shoot. I grew up on the fast pace shooters where you die a lot and blow stuff up. This game I will download and try

InDaFace 9 years ago
I agree with Trenix its stupidity to pay real money for forever weapons in a virtual world.

Trenix 9 years ago
The game is really basic and isn't even better than the original unreal tournament. Should of expected that because of the company that made it. It's also one of those games where your weapons only last for a few days. Sorry, but I just can't stand losing all my progression because I have better things to do than dedicate my life into a game.

ugurano 9 years ago
im teste this game, and its boring. play gotham, sorry xD

removalmitt 9 years ago
I'm not finding anything special coming from it, don't get me wrong you can have some fun in it but for me it'll only be like a 10-15 minute filler maybe once a day.

If gameplay isn't amazing then I expect cracking graphics..........doesn't deliver.

PostHuman 9 years ago
Renaissance Italy, refreshing atmosphere, classical Doom and Quake gameplay, can I ask 4 more ?
Actually I can - 3 person option bit its good any way.
Any way, cant stand more modern warfare and Sci Fi shooters.

InDaFace 9 years ago
I think I will still play ghost recon online and hawken.

InDaFace 9 years ago
I played this game and I am very dissapointed I expected something more em.... its too hard for the newbies to play its too fast paced.

HackerHunterQ 9 years ago
so now its open beta no key needed yeaaa-!!!!!!

Cacalips 9 years ago
OH LOOK! A HALO CLONE! XD

ugurano 9 years ago
im no love quake, this game here have quality. i hate gotham shooter or ghost recon online suck games.

iluvgamez 9 years ago
The Closed Beta was great but now...They reduced the game speed. They reduced melee attack speed. no bomb pick ups with ammopacks. All the fun things are gone but simple problems like many of us told them (like sometimes if u attack with ur melee weapon, u hear the attack sound and u may hit someone but the attack frame is missing. Counfusing as hell...) they couldnt get ride off. Some of you will for sure enjoy this game but for me, its not anymore the game i did enjoy back in CBT.
Back to Quake again...

Quake III... 9 years ago
Yeah.. Everything in this game screams Quake III arena which is now called Quake Live.. Amazing how pimp I am at this game compared to games like CoD...

matt 9 years ago
seems like children talkin in this chat. this type of gameplay created the shooters today. shooters started off this way.

Celestial Teapot 9 years ago
I played it during the beta, it was fun, but unfortunately it was too lagy , hopefully the issue would be a past with this new live release.
Looking forward to it.
It does seem too fast paced, but when you play it, its really addictive and not as fast paced as it seems.

ZhaoYun 9 years ago
ya sorry good for the people who like it but it is WAYYYY too fast paced(as arnem said) for me as well

rick admiraal 9 years ago
i love this game ! when you start playing it you cant stop anymore

Arnemmorpg 9 years ago
Saw some gameplay from it earlier, waaay too fast paced, must try for hyper active people :p

The $100M Settlement For Riot Games Gender Discrimination Case Has Finally Been Approved

The money will be split between more than 1,000 women.

Space Punks' First Major Patch Is Now Available: Introduces New Planet, Game Modes, Changed Respawn Rules, And More

Since launching in open beta in April, the game is continuing strong.

By Anthony Jones - 5 days ago
Final Fantasy XIV’s Patch 6.2 Special Site Is Now Available, But Phase 1 Of NA Data Center Work Is Delayed

There’s word on the North American Data Center expansion, too.

Now Live: Star Trek Online's "Galactic Red Alert" Event Returns To PC, Third Phase "Defense Of Pahvo" Event Hits Consoles

Hold the line at Pahvo or keep the invasion at bay in Red Alert events.

By Anthony Jones - 3 days ago
CEO NFT Game Axie Infinity Reportedly Moved Tokens Before Communicating Hack, Accused Of Insider Trading

CEO Trung Nguyen states the claims are baseless.