Dragomon Hunter Closed Beta No Longer Requiring Beta Keys

Michael Byrne
By Michael Byrne, Editor in Chief

DH_stress_feat

Here's news that I didn't expect to see in my inbox this morning. Aeria Games has announced that Closed Beta access to its free-to-play MMORPG Dragomon Hunter no longer requires a beta key. That's right! If you bought a Founder's Pack, I hope you bought it because you liked the goodies that were inside it since you only got to play the Closed Beta for 1 week before the rest of the world was allowed to join in with no purchase.

Players can visit the Dragomon Hunter website now and download the client and jump into the game until the upcoming character wipe happens. Aeria Games is billing the open access as a "Stress Test."

Founder's Packs are still available for purchase for those that wish to do so, but if you're just looking for access to the game then there's no need to buy a pack since Aeria Games is only planning 1 character wipe prior to open beta and today's access gives you the ability to play the game all they way up to that character wipe.

What do you think of this news? I understand needing to stress test the servers, but a week of access that will eventually get wiped anyway makes the Founder's Pack early access null and void in my opinion. The only thing you get now is the in game items and the ability to name reserve for open beta. Are you ok with just a week of access for players that paid for the bundles?

In this article: Aeria Games, Dragomon Hunter.

Michael Byrne
Michael Byrne, Editor in Chief
Mike “Magicman” Byrne has been a part of the MMOBomb family for years and serves as the site’s current Editor-in-Chief. His love for MMOs and gaming in general has led him to covering games for numerous websites including Gamebreaker TV and XIV Nation where he proudly displays his fanboy flag for FFXIV:ARR.

drTRUTH 7 years ago
IF WOULD U LET ME CHOOSE DH OR WILD STAR I CHOOSE WILDSTAR

SqueezyTime 7 years ago
I agree with people that those who bought founders packs got kind of screwed, but to be completely honest, anyone who pays for early access to a game (especially a f2p) is a moron. Time is intangible; anyone who bought those founders packs for the early access knew they were spending their money on absolutely nothing. What makes it even funnier is that I was sent a closed beta key by email, without even knowing that founders packs were a thing for this game.

As far as the game goes, I kind of like it/kind of hate it. I like it because it's cute (they nailed the pseudo-chibi art style), very reminiscent of Eden Eternal, and you get to collect pets. I hate it because the controls feel terrible, and the game attempts to be an action game with the mechanics of a tab-target game. It would be tolerable if I could map keys to the mouse buttons (thumb buttons, etc) but I can't, so I hate it.

Emo_Kitty 7 years ago
i think this is a great game :D :P

Yuina 7 years ago
Wth aeria, you're once again full of shit. Everyone who purchased a founder's pack must feel ripped off... I hope people are finally getting the brains to NOT buy from aeria.

Jokul 7 years ago
People who buy Founder's Packs for MMOs, let alone FREE to play MMOs, are idiots.

Mykal Quinn 7 years ago
It's okay. From the gameplay videos I've seen, it looks like it will flop within a year.

rickshaw 7 years ago
I too think people should wake up to founders, kick-starters, & bowl carriers.
Its about time people realised about those times gone by which was that if you set up a business you get a loan and go with it!! You never go around expecting people to prop you up and spin them a yarn of bullshit for years and years.
I gave up from when I bought my last one - SC. Its been un installed & I don't believe in any of bullshit they come with any more as they are complete joke.

Remb 7 years ago
If you care about good games, STOP buying founder's packs!

Derpina 7 years ago
The idiots using this company obviously never learn or dont care. If never learn, then HAHAHA. If don't care... Its not news. *shrug*.

Kenzuko 7 years ago
Just another cash grab, i was really considering getting a founders pack.
Good thing that i didnt though, would have felt cheated on.

Phanta 7 years ago
Funny thing is they did the same shit with echo of soul.

HAH 7 years ago
Keep pushing founder's pack and premium bullsh!t. People will never learn.

Felix 7 years ago
This is the biggest rekt I've ever seen.

Eviil 7 years ago
Purchasers got f'ed in the butt.

Albion Online Highlights The Demon Prince

Albion Online Highlights The Demon Prince

As Albion Online's Closed Beta draws closer, the development team has started to drop videos highlighting some of the game's features and challenges.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 7 years ago

Blade And Soul Is Bringing Sweet Treats And Epic Parkour

Blade And Soul Is Bringing Sweet Treats And Epic Parkour

It's time to get your parkour on in Blade and Soul!

By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago
Gaijin Entertainment Partners With Artstorm To Create PC Version Of Modern Warships

This is the “first result” of the new collaboration.

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

It’s time to challenge your friends to see who's the stronger player.

Activision Blizzard Paying $35 Million To SEC To Settle Disclosure Controls And Whistleblower Complaint

The fine is for “failing to maintain disclosure controls” and “violating whistleblower protection rule”.

Destiny 2 Looks To Change The PvE Meta With Season 20 Weapons Update

Destiny 2 Looks To Change The PvE Meta With Season 20 Weapons Update

Bungie unleashes the nerf bat on the current Destiny 2 meta.

By Troy Blackburn - 3 days ago
Gameplay Of The Day Before Is Coming Sooner Than You Might Think, As In Tomorrow

We'll soon get to see if The Day Before lives up to the hype.

By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago