Hi-Rez Studios Announces Global Agenda 2

Michael Dunaway
By Michael Dunaway, News Editor October 8, 2012

With Tribes: Ascend and their upcoming MOBA Smite, it looks like Hi-Rez will be returning to familiar ground for their latest title.

In a forum post the studio acknowledged the fact that the original Global Agenda taught the studio a lot about developing content, performance optimization, balancing, f2p revenue models and more. The company sent out surveys several months ago to gauge where they would like to see GA improved the most. Apparently the overwhelming majority of the responses were to "release a new version of GA 'GA2' with a PvP focus."

And so that is what Hi-Rez is doing. The new version will use a lot of the original GA assets, some of the maps, and some of the game modes but will include new maps, game modes, class weapons, and be built on their newest platform. The sequel will also be focused on PvP with no open world elements planned at this time.

Its strange that Hi-Rez would focus on making the GA series completely PvP based. Some of what really made the original Global Agenda unique was the co-op story missions and raids. Hi-Rez already has a successful futuristic PvP focused shooter with Tribes so making Global Agenda 2 focused on the same genre seems a bit confusing.

Global Agenda 2 is expected to begin beta testing in the middle of 2013. Where you fans of the original Global Agenda? Do you think Global Agenda 2 will fill a niche not currently filled by Tribes: Ascend? Let us know!

In this article: global agenda 2.

Michael Dunaway
Michael Dunaway, News Editor
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.

Anonymous 5 years ago
It has been two years -- TWO (2) YEARS -- of "expected to begin beta testing" and until this writing, I have no sightings about Global Agenda 2.

magno 5 years ago
please can someone tell me if launched the new global agenda 2? because I intend to play

DotaXO 8 years ago
If i know how to make games, and Global agenda 2 dead again, I wanted to make my OWN Global Agenda, cause I have many plans for it, and I already think some new agent like Frost, an agent with ice power

Cool fez 9 years ago
i hope agency vs agency will still be there

xlcyruslx 9 years ago
amazing, love global agenda, totally love global agenda 2

ExileXIII 9 years ago
GA was a GREAT game. I loved the story in it. But i did not like how much grinding was involved. Tribes Acend is a good game but it lacks story. If GA 2 goes to PvP then i won't like it very much. Sure i'll try it but just for testing reasons. The original GA was very fun. I personal loved the recon class, mainly to the good stealth play. The sniper was a fun thing to use and the class was pretty popular. Even in PvP it was fun. Comeing form me that is a huge thing for me to say. I don't like PvP that much and to see tomany games out there with PvP as a tacked on or the main focus. This is somehow the main focus for some reason. These people know about games so you might want to watch their episodes. Here http://extra-credits.net/episodes/ it's a nice game info site for evry thing games. NO i'm not part of them just happy wiht them. I could not find it but i thing they have a episode on PvP . So look it up. Anyway PvP GA2 is bad Open world in the thing to do with a good story.

mattmanrx 9 years ago
Awesome GA was a nice game. Im not going to say the game was the best but for my 6 or 7 months of playing i liked the game enough. I am really happy that they have made this decision.

meme 9 years ago
hopefully its NOTHING like global agenda 1 , in global agenda 1 i had THE best sniper rifle and head shot a guy from a crazy distance and it takes 10% of his hp .
WTF 10% of his hp from being hit in the nose with the highest powered sniper rifle possible .
seriously that should have been a 1 hit kill and if they make GA2 anything like that . i am not gonna play it even if its free.
i will play games with good sence to have such thing as headshots = 1 hit kill like warz

HellcatM 9 years ago
I stopped playing GA as soon as the missions stopped and it became a lobby game. I like games that a world and not just maps, even if that world is instanced. If I want to play a lobby game I'll play Ghost Recon Online, COD Black ops 2 or Halo 4 when it comes out. I think hi-rez is going in the wrong direction, with games like Firefall and Planetside 2 coming out, just what sounds like another lobby shooter with no open world elements to it is a mistake.

raccoonlord 9 years ago
I have been waiting for this game for a long time :D. But I agree, the thing that made the game was it's awesome and challenging raids. I thought the PVP could of used a bit of tweaking but all in all I thought the PVP was fun with the territories and all. I just hope that the Dev's are as involved in the game as they were in GA1 :D

PsyMike3d 9 years ago
Another shooter? why? They should make it open world pvp/pve... i guess they chose the easy path. too bad...

kaRRRRam 9 years ago
hirez owners pls kick ur ppl -ALL find a new1 who will make a GA2 with pvp,pve,raids,open world and UPDATE ( at least 1 in 3 months) if u wanna have a great game -hope u will listen to me

r0ck3t 9 years ago
I like Global agenda but i think there should be more pve in it. So i really hope they will. :)

cacalips 9 years ago
LOL Read up all reviews and forums on GA. So broke, so ignored, and they make a second one... Shiver at the thought they actually had a subscription payers for the first one.

Adrian87 9 years ago
When i first read the title i was really happy about this. I played GA for only half a year or so, but i really enjoyed it. I was very happy with a GA2 announcement... and i would not mind a little more PvP... but no open world elements? That its disappointing. I will definitely give it a chance when it comes out, but i honestly dont think will be something stunning.
They should have made PvP possible on the map or something like that and not ruin the missions.

UltraBlackJoker 9 years ago
( to me) the first one was fun but got boring quick hope this one will be a bit more better

scnoobi 9 years ago
I would actually like the actual original idea of GA, large scale maps with classes/objectivs but i guess the game went the pve way, wonder how GA2 will be

sethsamson 9 years ago
this could be a FireFall rival not planetside2 ....

but im glad cause i always like global agenda ...
and by the way i got an email few week ago with the survey asking me what to do with global agenda new dlc or whole new game ... i see they go with the second ... cool :)

Rinor 9 years ago
Actually i think that is kinda cool because global agenda was nice but wasnt great maybe they willl work on it get player feedback like the other games and create something really nice i liked GA but wasnt exactly amazing maybe this one will be

Sladik 9 years ago
[VGW]Woohoo! Another game to distract them from the declining playerbase of Tribes: Ascend! I can't wait!

Dead By Daylight Reveals A Ton Of new Content For Its Sixth Anniversary

Dead By Daylight Reveals A Ton Of new Content For Its Sixth Anniversary

There's even a dating sim.

Even New York City Is Going After Bobby Kotick Now

Even New York City Is Going After Bobby Kotick Now

The New York City Employees’ Retirement System is filing suit against Activision and its CEO.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Groovy, Baby! Evil Dead: The Game's PvP/PvE Multiplayer Action Now For Sale At Your Local S-Mart

Ash and crew attempt to survive the armies of darkness.

By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago
Always Online Podcast: Legends Of Aria "Relaunching", Is Marvel's Avengers Dead, And Are All Mobile Games Trash? Ep 430

You won't believe what some games think of themselves...

By Michael Byrne - 2 weeks ago
Lost Ark Blog Post Teaches Players Raid And Dungeon Etiquette

Lost Ark Blog Post Teaches Players Raid And Dungeon Etiquette

Twitch streamers Saintone and ZealAmbitions offer tips and tricks to players.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 18 minutes ago
Without Even Leaving Early Access, Scavengers Is Headed To Maintenance Mode

Without Even Leaving Early Access, Scavengers Is Headed To Maintenance Mode

Well, the PC version anyway.