Killer Instinct Free-To-Play Comes To PC, But Only If You Have Windows 10
Xbox One launch title Killer Instinct has come to PCs, along with the game's season 3 content, but there's a catch. To get into all the fist-flailing, sword-swinging action, you'll need to have Windows 10 installed.
In addition, you'll only be able to download the game from the Windows store -- sorry, there's no Steam release. If you own the game on Xbox One, any purchases you've made will carry over into the PC version.
The game also promises that Gargos will be coming to the fighting arena in May, with another new fighter added in each of June and July, as well as a new multiplayer mode in July. The single-player Shadow Lords campaign is also in the works, and it sounds pretty cool:
Shadow Lords is part ladder, part arcade mode, part story mode, and part roguelike, all rolled up into one unique experience.
· Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
· Choose any character to “main” and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
· As characters are added to the game after launch, they’ll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
· There’s a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
· The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs.
About the Author
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.
You May Enjoy
Score One For Artists As Activision Removes Plagiarized "Loyal Samoyed" Cosmetics From Call Of Duty
Activision says it "erred in its process" this time...By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago
League Of Legends Preseason 2023 Is Bringing Jungle Role Changes, Will Make It Easier For Newcomers
Riot doesn't want to "'dumb down' the jungle," instead they'll try to make it complex in the right places.By Anthony Jones - 2 days ago
Nexon Q2 2022: Financial Results Show Record-Breaking Revenue Across All Core Game Franchises
The company expects next quarter will see another rise in revenue, operating, and net income.By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago
V Rising’s Vampire Army Continues To Grow With 2,500,000 Players, Team "Aware" Of Console Port Interest
Will you join the ranks?By Aspen Pash - 5 days ago
Always Online Podcast: League of Legends MMO's Early Reveal, Hi-Rez's DKO, And Sony Cries About Call of Duty Ep 442
Sony says CoD can be a console sales issue while Xbox claims Blizzard doesn't make "must have" games.By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago
💣 Feature | Game Design Spotlight #1: From Spicy To Tame, Final Fantasy XIV's Adventurer Plates Feature Nails What Players Crave In MMOs
Possibly the best player-focused feature to come to FFXIV.By Anthony Jones - 5 days ago