Might & Magic Duel of Champions Open Beta Starts

Michael Dunaway
By Michael Dunaway, News Editor

I enjoy trading card games, I am bad at them, but I enjoy them nonetheless. With the announcement of open beta for Ubisofts latest Free to Play card game "Might & Magic Duel of Champions", I know it is time for me to don the cone of shame and suit up for yet another attempt at grasping why I am fundamentally horrible at them.

Ubisoft announced today that the trading card game based on the popular Might & Magic turn based strategy series was now in open beta. The game includes hundreds of detailed collectible cards all set in the Might & Magic universe. Like other online trading card games, players will be able to play against enemies for a chance at earning new cards and growing the abilities of their hero's army.

It will be interesting to see how Ubisoft's M & M trading card game fairs against the veteran TCG Magic the Gathering Online. Both games have deep roots, one with turn based strategy players who have enjoyed Might & Magic since the 90s, and the other with an equally as popular if not more popular physical trading card game.

You can sign up and play in the open beta on the official site here. Do online trading card games interest you? If so will you be giving Might & Magic Duel of Champions a try? Let us know!

In this article: might & magic, duel of champions.

Michael Dunaway
Michael Dunaway, News Editor
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.

Nevran 10 years ago
its not ubisofts fault guys its wizards coast the guys behind magic the gathering they have a patient on the rare card thing or whatever so the game isent in NA for that reason.which makes me wounder how the dev team based out of canada intend to work on their own game lol.

anyways when they stop being dicks then maybe ubisoft can bring it here otherwise you have to proxy it

Ashhobbzez 10 years ago
i downloaded it today and so far i am finding it quite enjoyable, however there are some bugs within the game, i know its obviously a beta so its to be expected but some are making the game hard to play, for instance, this may be just for me but if you right click on a card to zoom in it bugs and always zooms in the the first card in your hand/graveyard/deck and you can't zoom any other cards to read them. this is incredibly annoying when trying to read certain effects of cards and in a game like this it is kinda important to be able to do so, but yano when they fix the bugs and release the game fully it "could" be a good game

killerz 10 years ago
it's in open beta but not available for north america even though the dev team is in canada and they have not said why for over two weeks

NickDemon 10 years ago
Seems like a good game but I can't download it because UPlay sucks hard(Login problems) :(

VinalG4ce 10 years ago
It's a hard-to-win game for me, never gotten a win in random duels. unless you pay for better expansion packs which I have no time and money for. This is the simplest online trading card game I've played. Simpler than Sword Girls

randyblythe 10 years ago
Wait... Isn't the biggest areas for trading cards NA and china? I didn't think Europe even participated in it to a fraction of what NA did.

Smart business move, ubi.

FluffyxSheep 10 years ago
No NA support :'(

Kaku 10 years ago
its a p2w? AS BATTLEFORGE? dat game dont should be in the mmorts list...

Deero 10 years ago
I think people from NA can't log into the game without a proxy >_>; meh oh well, guess i'll look for some other thing to burn my time

Kawaiido 10 years ago
I can't even log in the site so I can download the game. -_-

Voty 10 years ago
woohoou downloading :)

Aladeen 10 years ago
This game is really good if you are into Magic The Gathering.. etc, I think. So it's not for me.

rockmeo 10 years ago
And im gratefull for this game , it seems complet :) like its a rly good card game kind of old school :3

rockmeo 10 years ago
Lol bad tagg , theres no link to the website

Blade & Soul Headed West, Potentially Free to Play

Blade & Soul Headed West, Potentially Free to Play

It's finally happening guys, Blade & Soul is finally headed to the west.

By Michael Dunaway - 10 years ago

đź’Ł Feature | Reactions: The Day Before Gameplay Trailer Actually Releases, And It's Underwhelming To Say The Least

This game was actually slated to release this month until just a week ago.

By Michael Byrne - 5 days ago
Destiny 2 Looks To Change The PvE Meta With Season 20 Weapons Update

Destiny 2 Looks To Change The PvE Meta With Season 20 Weapons Update

Bungie unleashes the nerf bat on the current Destiny 2 meta.

By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago
Activision Blizzard Paying $35 Million To SEC To Settle Disclosure Controls And Whistleblower Complaint

The fine is for “failing to maintain disclosure controls” and “violating whistleblower protection rule”.

Dating Sim, One-Punch Man, And New Map Coming To Overwatch 2

Dating Sim, One-Punch Man, And New Map Coming To Overwatch 2

Fall in love with Genji or Mercy in the new Overwatch 2 Dating Sim.

By Troy Blackburn - 1 day ago
Dauntless’s Saint’s Bond Is Back And Filled With More Love Than Ever

Dauntless’s Saint’s Bond Is Back And Filled With More Love Than Ever

Who needs a Player 2 when you have NPCs to get close to?

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online Will Halt Card Set Development

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online Will Halt Card Set Development

The development will officially end on March 1, 2023.