UFO Online: Open Beta on August 23
Gamigo just announced the open beta date for UFO Online: Fight for Earth, August 23, 2012. Fight for Earth is a MMO set in the near future; humanity has split into three factions and are competing for the scarce resources remaining on Earth. With contact being made with extraterrestrial beings, the human factions must decide whether or not to trust their intent to helps humans. If I learned anything from sci-fi, it is that helpful aliens always have ulterior motives. (Why are we so tasty to aliens!?) Ultimately, this means there's going to be some serious alien ass-kicking action.
The open beta comes with a few new things to check out:
- Five additional story missions that continue the UFO saga.
- Soldiers can now hit enemies with their fists if they end up running out of ammo (who would of thought!).
- Squads will now be automatically accepted for the upcoming operations.
- Colored markings now show how much damage will be caused over a certain distance- you will need to use the “Shoot” button.
- Improved tutorials (a personal gripe of mine) with improved help screens and display.
About the Author
Michael Dunaway has been part of the MMOBomb team for years and has covered practically every major Free-to-Play title since 2009.
You May Enjoy
Neverwinter’s Harvester Of Nightmares Event Returns To Consoles
It’s the start of video game spooky season.By QuintLyn Bowers - 12 hours ago
Destiny 2's Revamped Trials Of Osiris Kick Off Today
Competitive PvP mode is more accessible and easier to progress.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Epic Appeals Result Of Court Case Versus Apple
Tim Sweeney says judge's ruling "isn't a win for developers or consumers."By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Swords Of Legends Online Celebrates Moon Festival
New harder dungeons and raid also arrive tomorrow.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
STO Celebrates Star Trek Day With Special In-Game Event
Celebrate Star Trek’s 55th anniversary with a visit to the Starfleet Museum above Deep Space 9.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Daily, Weekly, And Capstone Challenges: Halo Infinite Devs Talk About Progression
PvP technical test running the next two weekends, will have Arena and Big Team BattlesBy Jason Winter - 2 days ago