April Fools' Day Events Take Over MMOs -- Our Not-so-comprehensive List
Hunt chickens in Neverwinter, pet dogs in Guild Wars 2, and transform into one of over 2 billion(!) creatures in Kurtzpel.
You'll see no lack of weird articles and press releases today, as game developers get into the April Fools' Day spirit. But there are also some real events going on today, and carrying into next week, and we thought we'd round up a select group of them for you to enjoy:
- In The Elder Scrolls Online, it's time (until April 7) for the Jester's Festival, which you can take part in by speaking to one of the jesters in Ebonheart, Vulkhel Guard, and Daggerfall. Complete the introductory quest to receive a Pie of Misrule, which gives you a two-hour, +100% XP buff. Various other quests grant you a Jester's Festival Box, filled with any number of prizes, and tickets that can be traded in for Soulfire Dragon Illusion Pet Fragments, Fragments for the Scales of Akatosh skin, and more.
- The A-bok-olypse is upon us in Neverwinter, as chickens have invaded the sewers until April 14. To partake of this fowl dungeon, complete all the initial quests from Earl the Chickenmancer in Protector’s Enclave.
- Guild Wars 2's Lion's Arch has gone to the dogs, literally. Friendly canines can be found all over the city's Grand Piazza until April 7 and yes, you can pet the dog. 14/10.
- It's not a traditional event, but in Kurtzpel's Elthica, you can type the code "#AprilFools X" where "X" is a number from 1 to 2,100,000,000 (really) to transform into a random creature. That's almost crazy enough for me to consider making a Kurtzpel account.
- Three-wheel mode has "accidentally" been incorporated into Rocket League as a limited-time event. And you thought you were bad when you had a full set of wheels on your car...
- Speaking of cars, or at least vehicles, there's a Dune-flavored event in Worm Thunder, I mean War Thunder, going on until the 25th. Noble houses do battle over the sands of Arachis, but beware! Gunfire and high-speed exploits can draw out the sand worm, and when that happens, no one is safe.
About the Author
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.
You May Enjoy
Spongebob, "Time Attack Show", And A Kraken: Fall Guys Reveals Underwater Season 3
Explore the secrets of an ancient city beneath the waves.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
Red Beard Games Drops Launch Trailer For Smite-Themed Platform Fighter Divine Knockout
Like Smite, DKO gives a third-person spin to its genre.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago
Pantheon’s Latest Parting The Veil Live Video Discusses The Game’s Past Compared To Where It’s At Now
It’s kind of an ongoing development deep dive.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
EverQuest’s Night Of Shadows Expansion Is Almost Upon Us
Things are getting crazy.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
Fatshark Shares Results From The First Week Of Warhammer 40,000: Darktide’s Pre-Order Beta
There’s still a lot of work to be done.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago
Whelp, It Was Fun While It Lasted But You'll Need To Give Overwatch 2 A Phone Number Again
Pre-paid phones have been enabled so now the policy is fully reinstated.By Michael Byrne - 6 days ago