Destiny 2's Got A Void Revamp, And Plenty Of New Exotics On Tap For The Witch Queen
Also, check out more Savathûn lore and legendary mode for campaign missions.
Destiny 2's The Witch Queen expansion launches on February 22, and Bungie is in the home stretch when it comes to reveals regarding the new content. Earlier this week, we were treated to a story ViDoc explaining the concepts of light and dark, and the dev team's weekly blog post sums up a few more recent developments.
- Want more lore about Savathûn? Then check out the interactive trailer that talks about her origins and rise to power.
- Void 3.0 is on its way, the first overhaul of the game's three core elemental powers, with Arc and Solar coming later in Year 5. Void will borrow Aspects and Fragments from Stasis, while generally applying various buffs and debuffs to allies and enemies.
- Legendary campaign mode will arrive with the expansion, and it will -- as you might expect -- make campaign missions tougher while increasing the rewards players receive. It's described as "harder than a Legend Nightfall, though it is easier than a solo dungeon or running a Grandmaster Nightfall."
A sneak peek at upcoming exotics includes two pieces each for each class:
- There's the Loreley Splendor Helm for Titans, which is literally on fire and allows Sunspots to heal players when they have Sun Warrior, and the Hoarfrost-Z Chest Piece, which turns a Titan's Barricade into a wall of Stasis crystals.
- For Warlocks, there's the Secant Filaments leg armor, which grant a player devour when they cast their Empowering Rift, and Osmiomancy Gauntlets, which allow Coldsnap grenades to have an additional charge that will recharge faster when they make a direct impact.
- Finally, Hunters get the Blight Ranger Helm, which lets them redirect with their Arc Staff to deal increased damage and generate Orbs of Power, and the Renewal Grasps arm pieces, which give a larger radius for Duskfield grenades and reduces incoming damage for allies within the Duskfield’s range.
With just 11 days to go until The Witch Queen's launch, there's still lots more time for players to find something they like -- if they can tear themselves away from everything else that's launching in February.
About the Author
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.
You May Enjoy
New World Devs Try Out A Different Kind Of Dev Stream Examining Play Styles
The short-form series starts with a look at play styles.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 days ago
Marvel Snap's Next Season, "The Power Cosmic," Adds Rare Series 4 And 5 Cards And Token Shop In December
Some incoming big players in the Marvel universe will likely change up the meta.By Anthony Jones - 5 days ago
Arena Mode Is Finally Being Replaced: Sea Of Thieves Season 8 To Bring New PvP System
You'll have to choose your faction, though.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Black Desert Online Drops Console Update, Adds New Classes In Both Mobile And PC Versions
There’s a little something for everyone.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago
Microsoft Claims It Offered Sony A 10-Year Contract For Call of Duty On PlayStation, No Comment From Sony
Seems to be the fight that just won't end...By Michael Byrne - 6 days ago
The Viking Open-World Survival Builder, Aska, Launches Its Alpha Today
If you're not too busy feasting, why not give this game a try?By Aspen Pash - 3 days ago