Dream of Mirror Online Returning to Life

Michael Byrne
By Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief October 6, 2014

It seems that the cult following Dream of Mirror Online has had since its shut down in late 2012 has finally won out. Subagames has officially announced that they will be resurrecting the title soon. While information is scarce at the moment, the revival announcement is accompanied by a short trailer that some fans actually found prior to the official announcement. Much to the surprise of those fans, this trailer was not a hoax or joke, Dream of Mirror Online will be returning "soon."

For those unfamiliar with the title (originally published by Aeria Games in North America), Dream of Mirror Online had a cute, social game, chibi type feel to it but had some surprisingly in-depth systems from what I remember. With some unique systems and a leveling system that allowed players to take on different jobs as they leveled, there was quite a bit more behind the scenes in this free to play title.

Will the relaunch hold a few new surprise and maybe a few more jobs? We'll stay tuned and be sure to keep you up to date on any new information. As it is, the official announcement just leaves fans with a TON of questions!

Michael Byrne
Michael Byrne, Editor-in-Chief
Mike “Magicman” Byrne has been a part of the MMOBomb family for years and serves as the site’s current Editor-in-Chief. His love for MMOs and gaming in general has led him to covering games for numerous websites including Gamebreaker TV and XIV Nation where he proudly displays his fanboy flag for FFXIV:ARR.

Alexa 7 years ago
I love this game with all my heart. It was the first mmorpg I ever played and the best one at that. Even up to this day, i couldn't find an rpg as fun as domo. Although the graphics are a little subpar compared to other games, this games combat and social system is absolutely amazing. I love every bit of this game and the moment I found out it closed down, I was heartbroken. I'm so excited for its revival :)

anip 7 years ago
meh

the Dream died a long time ago

Jellopy 7 years ago
I actually enjoyed this game, if suba manages to handle it better than aeria did and update the engine with further viewing distance and a few other graphic updates with a bit higher exp rates it was one of the anime mmos i'd seen a lot of potential in. I enjoyed the class system and it had a fairly interesting presentation. The biggest flaw was it was exploited as a cash grab by aeria and they never tried to maintain it at all.

somebudy 7 years ago
wow this is great news cant wait till it relaunches, hope to hear more updates ty magic

Kyu 7 years ago
Lol, this company will be the first to jump all over reviving FlyFF once that piece of junk closes. Why not revive Holic, it's basically the same game only without the weird dating half of the game.

xxmiku 7 years ago
this is my childhood mmo and one of my first besides runescape

Frodo 7 years ago
Magiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!!!!!! Yes, you're back :)

Zal 7 years ago
Good to see this coming back.
This being re-released has brought memories back of other MMO's that I would love to play again... Anyone remember Soulmaster Online? Good times...

Richard 7 years ago
oh yea hell! i can't wait for this mmo to come back. :)

Ziah 7 years ago
Wooot good to have this game back and u magic man so excited for this coming year with u back in the chief chair

Elesion 7 years ago
I am excited for this because I never really had a chance to explore a lot of DOMO :)

However when a publisher resurrects a game the focus is always on 'is this publisher suitable to do this' ...

I'm not slating subagames, they are a respectable publisher. But I do question whether they are the best ones to pick this game up and make it even bigger than it was before.

Either way it will be interesting to see how this all rolls out :)

Adalderyn 7 years ago
I am beyond excited for the re-release of this game. When this game came out, it was one of the best, if not the best, of its genre (F2P Anime MMORPGs). To me, at least, it is the best still to this day and has a lot more content in the International Chinese version that International English players have yet to see. I am super excited for this!

WHYYYYYYYY?! 7 years ago
w...WHY?!! why is subagames reviving these terrible games lately instead of ending their misery.

i am really suprised that they dint go bankrupt with all those shitty mmo's they're publishing.

it reminds me of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Save The Most Adorable World In HIG’s New Sandbox MMO Dragon & Home

Save The Most Adorable World In HIG’s New Sandbox MMO Dragon & Home

Explore, build your own home, protect the Tree of Life, and do it all with the aid of a witch.

EverQuest 2’s Visions Of Vetrovia Expansion Enters Beta As Pre-Orders Go Live

EverQuest 2’s Visions Of Vetrovia Expansion Enters Beta As Pre-Orders Go Live

You've gotta pay to play...in beta that is.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 day ago
Bugcat Capoo Invades MapleStory In The Latest Crossover Event

Bugcat Capoo Invades MapleStory In The Latest Crossover Event

Take the six-legged monster cat on a tour through Maple World and earn prizes and buffs.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Apex Legends’ Next Character Brings More Of The Titanfall 2 Story With Her

Apex Legends’ Next Character Brings More Of The Titanfall 2 Story With Her

The latest story trailer introduces the former Titanfall 2 antagonist Ash.

New Update To FFXIV Endwalker Page Reveals The Magus Sisters Are A Trial

New Update To FFXIV Endwalker Page Reveals The Magus Sisters Are A Trial

It also adds info about the two new raids, dungeons, and small-scale PvP content.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 20 hours ago
Bungie To Vault Destiny 2’s Forsaken And Tangled Shore In February

Bungie To Vault Destiny 2’s Forsaken And Tangled Shore In February

The vaulting makes room for The Witch Queen Expansion and other content.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago