Faction- and Holiday-Themed Rooms, New Quests Arrive In Fallout Shelter

Jason Winter
By Jason Winter, News Editor October 6, 2016

fallout-shelter-halloween

Looking to spruce up your Vault in Fallout Shelter? Bethesda's got just what you need in Update 1.8 for the game, which is now live and gives Overseers the ability to decorate their rooms with a theme based on one of Fallout 4's factions.

Building the Theme Workshop allows you to craft room themes based on the Minutemen, the Railroad, the Brotherhood of Steel, or the Institute. Crafting recipes can be found in the Wasteland, and the themes can be turned on or off at will.

This new update also brings new quests to the game, including holiday quests that arrive as a precursor to full-on celebrations for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Halloween-themed outfits and spooky room themes will be available for a limited time.

Jason Winter
Jason Winter, News Editor
Jason Winter is a veteran gaming journalist, he brings a wide range of experience to MMOBomb, including two years with Beckett Media where he served as the editor of the leading gaming magazine Massive Online Gamer. He has also written professionally for several gaming websites.

voydd 5 years ago
If I only could update the game... Bethesda need to fix their launcher!

ASD 5 years ago
I honestly never heard of this game so I went on the web and searched it up. I'm not a 100% fan of it but I do like it. I wouldn't play it normally but if I was doing a commentary or was bored I'd probably play but and after watching a few walkthroughs it's decent but I'm understanding you craft rooms and build a shelter for people? Well this update seems awesome but I'm gonna see if this game is worth getting.

Blizzard Removes More Suggestive Dialogue In Patch 9.1.5 Update

Blizzard Removes More Suggestive Dialogue In Patch 9.1.5 Update

The dialogue is tied to player character jokes and flirts.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
Always Online Podcast: Twitch Hacked, Ubisoft BR Games, Sora in Smash, and GW2's Mad King Ep 406

Twitch payout revealed...does the amount change how you feel about a streamer?

By Michael Byrne - 2 weeks ago
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Launches Battledia Quests

Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis Launches Battledia Quests

They’re a good way to get XP and gear.

Bugcat Capoo Invades MapleStory In The Latest Crossover Event

Bugcat Capoo Invades MapleStory In The Latest Crossover Event

Take the six-legged monster cat on a tour through Maple World and earn prizes and buffs.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 weeks ago
The Bloody Good Time Has Started, Back 4 Blood Is Now Live

The Bloody Good Time Has Started, Back 4 Blood Is Now Live

Well, except on Switch and mobile, but did you really expect that?

Prizes Abound In Blade & Soul's 2021 Halloween Event, Blade & Ghoul

Prizes Abound In Blade & Soul's 2021 Halloween Event, Blade & Ghoul

Shine lamps and close dangerous portals for fun and profit.

By Jason Winter - 2 weeks ago