Gigantic Open Beta To Hit Xbox One, Windows 10 On December 8

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor November 29, 2016

gigantic

Motiga's action MOBA Gigantic is finally entering open beta -- on Microsot's game preview program, making the game available to players on both Xbox One and Windows 10. The free-to-play game is designed to create a different competitive experience from most team-based games, as noted by Motiga's VP of product development James Phinney:

“With Gigantic, we are trying to create an entirely new competitive experience. Throughout development, Gigantic has gotten attention for its unique art style, whimsical setting and fast-paced gameplay, but our goal has always been something more.

“We’ve sought to build a game full of intense moments and meaningful strategic choices, where there are many paths to victory and it’s always possible to come back and win. Open Beta and participation in Microsoft’s Game Preview Program is an exciting new phase for the project. We’re really looking forward to partnering with players to finish up Gigantic.”

Those hoping to play the game before open beta have a chance this weekend during the Closed Beta test running from Thursday, December 1 at 9 am PST to Sunday, December 4 at 11:59 pm.

Player1 4 years ago
win 10 lol, they will either change it to win 8 and below or they will announce the shut down, call it a salty rant or wathever but it's what it is

trionisshit 4 years ago
GAME WILL DIE IF YOU FORCE PLAYERS TO use win 10 and REGISTER TO PLAY IT <ALL WINDOWS GAMES failed BECAUSE OF THAT and sooner or later are available normal way! No one like mikroshit and not going to eat shit.

NGoHT 4 years ago
Meanwhile other mobas, hell most online esport games are trying to get to the most possible amount of players.
Do they think their game is so special that they can ignore millions of possible players? HAH.
Deemed to die in half a year-year if it even comes out.

john turner 4 years ago
wow, wall of text rant much !

dhdhdh 4 years ago
Lol you said microsot

Onara Gorou 4 years ago
How come they promoting Windows 10 access for free and all other users on other platforms still have to get keys?!

Windows 10 is such a garbage, I know for a fact after using it for a year and a half. Not only that but playing Gigantic on Windows 10 was a nightmare. Mostly because the game has random FPS drops that completely freeze the game for some good 5-10 seconds. This happened every time on the screen where players picked their characters. So I was good with Uncle Sven, so I bought him to make sure I get him every time, and tons of times I couldn't play my favorite character that I bought, because the game freezes every time I get to pick my character and by the time it's unfrozen all good characters are picked, some that I always wanted to try like the Shaolin frog dude and of course the one that I bought and was most good with - Uncle Sven the support dude.

Everything about this game and Windows 10 sucks, that's why they promote the combination - because if you've used Windows 10 extensively, you'd know how clunky, slow to load and respond the apps are, especially downloading things from the Store is the most painful experience (on desktop). Windows Phone worked fine before I switched back to Android, but that's not the case. Games, especially big games are a real pain in the neck to install via the Store - many times the download pauses for no reason, gets interrupted for no reason when you are using LAN with a 8MB/s internet that never goes down. Games like Forza 6 Apex, which are Window 10 exclusive won't install if they detect something that they deem "below minim requirements" and you can't install it. I shouldn't be able to play GTA 5 and Fallout 4, but I played them, and they ran fine, why shouldn't I be able to install Forza 6 Apex and see for myself whether I can run it or not? Not only that but Store only installs apps on C:\ and when you install a 60GB game on C:\ when your total C:\ space is 47GB, because you like having everything installed on D:\ and lave C:\ for Windows and Windows alone, you're f-ked. That's why I couldn't install Forza 6 Apex - because I like installing my games on D:\ and f-in Windows 10 Store wants to install it on C:\.

And that's why Windows 10 suck and I'm outraged that Motiga are being paid by the desperate Microsoft, because no one on desktop in their right mind would want to use their Store for anything.

World Of Warcraft’s 9.1.5 Update Launches November 2

World Of Warcraft’s 9.1.5 Update Launches November 2

And it’s bringing the Mage Tower back with it.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 hours ago
Smite’s The Reaping Event Returns And Hi-Rez Is Still Weird

Smite’s The Reaping Event Returns And Hi-Rez Is Still Weird

But in a good way.

Ubisoft Announces F2P Battle Royale Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Frontline

Ubisoft Announces F2P Battle Royale Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Frontline

Fan reaction is a warzone.

By Jason Winter - 2 weeks ago
Conan Exiles' People of the Dragon DLC Takes Players To Germanic-themed Nemedia

Conan Exiles' People of the Dragon DLC Takes Players To Germanic-themed Nemedia

Over a hundred new pieces to decorate your character and castle.

By Jason Winter - 9 hours ago
Get A Look At Combat in Jandisoft’s Mad World Before The Next Alpha Test

Get A Look At Combat in Jandisoft’s Mad World Before The Next Alpha Test

Four videos highlight melee, long-range, magic, and party combat.

Conqueror's Blade Highlights New Units In Season IX: Tyranny

Conqueror's Blade Highlights New Units In Season IX: Tyranny

They all throw things that impale or explode, or both.

By Jason Winter - 2 weeks ago