Neverwinter's newest expansion, "Storm King's Thunder," is available to play on PC as of today. This is the 10th expansion for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMO. It features a new adventure by Wizards of the Coast in which players will need to defend against invading giants and make their way through three new zones and a dungeon.
The expansion introduces a variety of new content, including a new campaign, the zones and dungeon mentioned before, class adjustments, and more.
- New Campaign – The new end-game campaign for Storm King’s Thunder is broken down into three parts, each unlocking a new adventure zone. When all three zones are cleared, players will have access to the dungeon on Fangbreaker Island.
- Three New Adventure Zones
- Bryn Shander – Adventurers must visit this remote settlement in Icewind Dale to save its inhabitants from attackers.
- Lonelywood – After clearing Bryn Shander, players will move on to the town of Lonelywood, where they will fight off trolls and other beasts.
- Cold Run – The last adventure zone is the frigid coastline of Cold Run, where adventurers will come face to face with the mighty frost giants.
- New Tier 3 Dungeon – Adventurers will need to complete the new Storm King’s Thunder campaign and equip their characters with high-level gear in order to access Fangbreaker Island, the most difficult five-player dungeon in the game.
- Class Balance Adjustments – In an ongoing effort to maintain balance for Neverwinter, we’ve made major adjustment to three classes, the Hunter Ranger, Scourge Warlock and Guardian Fighter.
- New Bosses and Enemies – Besides defending the land from Frost Giants, players will fight off swarms of arctic beasts, as well as three new bosses who rule over Fangbreaker Island.
PC players can begin checking out the new content today. Console players will still have to wait a bit before seeing it.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Epic Games' Paragon Enters Open Beta
As of today, Epic Games' shiny new MOBA, Paragon, is in free Open Beta for PC and PlayStation 4.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 years ago
You May Enjoy
Broken Ranks' First Anniversary Celebration Begins Today, And Players Get Some Free Premium Time
There’s also an art contest and in-game events.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Horizon Multiplayer Alpha Footage Leaks Show Surprising Character Designs
If players were looking for hyper realism, they won’t find it here.By Aspen Pash - 4 days ago
The Day Before Launch "Was Planned To Be Moved" Anyway And "Will Definitely See Release"
Despite the rumors and allegations that the game wasn't being made, the devs state otherwise.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Pokémon Trading Card Game Online Will Halt Card Set Development
The development will officially end on March 1, 2023.By Aspen Pash - 3 days ago
💣 Feature | 10 Best MMORPGs For Beginners In 2023
Here are our top picks for any beginner hoping to discover their first MMORPG journey.By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago
Legends Of Runeterra 2023 Roadmap Announces New Quarterly Content Cycles, Offering A Variety Of Updates Each Month
2023 is shaping up to be a year of new additions and changes to content distribution.By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago