Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder Goes Live On PC
Neverwinter's newest expansion, "Storm King's Thunder," is available to play on PC as of today. This is the 10th expansion for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMO. It features a new adventure by Wizards of the Coast in which players will need to defend against invading giants and make their way through three new zones and a dungeon.
The expansion introduces a variety of new content, including a new campaign, the zones and dungeon mentioned before, class adjustments, and more.
- New Campaign – The new end-game campaign for Storm King’s Thunder is broken down into three parts, each unlocking a new adventure zone. When all three zones are cleared, players will have access to the dungeon on Fangbreaker Island.
- Three New Adventure Zones
- Bryn Shander – Adventurers must visit this remote settlement in Icewind Dale to save its inhabitants from attackers.
- Lonelywood – After clearing Bryn Shander, players will move on to the town of Lonelywood, where they will fight off trolls and other beasts.
- Cold Run – The last adventure zone is the frigid coastline of Cold Run, where adventurers will come face to face with the mighty frost giants.
- New Tier 3 Dungeon – Adventurers will need to complete the new Storm King’s Thunder campaign and equip their characters with high-level gear in order to access Fangbreaker Island, the most difficult five-player dungeon in the game.
- Class Balance Adjustments – In an ongoing effort to maintain balance for Neverwinter, we’ve made major adjustment to three classes, the Hunter Ranger, Scourge Warlock and Guardian Fighter.
- New Bosses and Enemies – Besides defending the land from Frost Giants, players will fight off swarms of arctic beasts, as well as three new bosses who rule over Fangbreaker Island.
PC players can begin checking out the new content today. Console players will still have to wait a bit before seeing it.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Epic Games' Paragon Enters Open Beta
As of today, Epic Games' shiny new MOBA, Paragon, is in free Open Beta for PC and PlayStation 4.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 years ago
You May Enjoy
Check Out Part 2 Of ESO's "Return to Morrowind" Video Series
The developers at ZeniMax recall the Dark Elves' homeland and its “charmingly bizarre inhabitants."By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago
New Act And Season Mode Coming to Undecember In April
Players of Needs Games’ Action RPG have a bunch of new content to look forward.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
MultiVersus Open Beta To Shut Down, Full Launch Scheduled For Early 2024
Player decline, lack of content, and now no game till 2024.By Troy Blackburn - 3 days ago
Redfall "Looking Into" Removing Always-Online Requirement, Was Originally Slated For PS5 Release
Players could possibly get their wish with the removal of the always online requirement for single-player.By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago
Century: Age Of Ashes Season 2 Introduces New Thornweaver Class, A Map Revamp, New Rewards, And More
Soar through the skies in dragon combat.By Troy Blackburn - 1 week ago
Bungie Honors Lance Reddick In This Week At Bungie Post, Zavala Still Has A Few Performances Coming
Discuss his performances left to come in the game.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago