Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder Goes Live On PC
Neverwinter's newest expansion, "Storm King's Thunder," is available to play on PC as of today. This is the 10th expansion for the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMO. It features a new adventure by Wizards of the Coast in which players will need to defend against invading giants and make their way through three new zones and a dungeon.
The expansion introduces a variety of new content, including a new campaign, the zones and dungeon mentioned before, class adjustments, and more.
- New Campaign – The new end-game campaign for Storm King’s Thunder is broken down into three parts, each unlocking a new adventure zone. When all three zones are cleared, players will have access to the dungeon on Fangbreaker Island.
- Three New Adventure Zones
- Bryn Shander – Adventurers must visit this remote settlement in Icewind Dale to save its inhabitants from attackers.
- Lonelywood – After clearing Bryn Shander, players will move on to the town of Lonelywood, where they will fight off trolls and other beasts.
- Cold Run – The last adventure zone is the frigid coastline of Cold Run, where adventurers will come face to face with the mighty frost giants.
- New Tier 3 Dungeon – Adventurers will need to complete the new Storm King’s Thunder campaign and equip their characters with high-level gear in order to access Fangbreaker Island, the most difficult five-player dungeon in the game.
- Class Balance Adjustments – In an ongoing effort to maintain balance for Neverwinter, we’ve made major adjustment to three classes, the Hunter Ranger, Scourge Warlock and Guardian Fighter.
- New Bosses and Enemies – Besides defending the land from Frost Giants, players will fight off swarms of arctic beasts, as well as three new bosses who rule over Fangbreaker Island.
PC players can begin checking out the new content today. Console players will still have to wait a bit before seeing it.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
You May Enjoy
Latest World Of Warcraft PTR Patch Replaces Or Modifies Previously "Sexual" Background Paintings
This seems so small in the grand scheme of things and certainly not where current focus should be for Blizzard.By Michael Byrne - 1 week ago
Pokémon Unite Launches For Android And iOS Devices, Has Full Cross-play With Switch
Log in to mobile by Oct. 31 to receive Pikachu and a skin.By Jason Winter - 1 day ago
Get Ready To Jam With The Bard Class In Trove’s Console Version
Support and heal your party with tunes.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Swords Of Legends Online Celebrates Moon Festival
New harder dungeons and raid also arrive tomorrow.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade Shuts Down
Stick a f-Ork in it.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Final Fantasy XIV Live Letter Covered Lots Of Exciting Job Adjustments And Quality Of Life Changes
We’re going to have to wait a bit longer for the Data Center Travel system, though.By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 days ago