Snail Games’ steampunk-inspired MMO Black Gold Online just wrapped up its alpha testing phase (we were there!) and is getting ready to enter closed beta. A press release and blog post outline the changes being made to the game based on feedback from players. Notably:
* A graphics update “will aim to reinforce the core art concept of Black Gold Online,” that being an industrial/fantasy blend of styles.
* interface improvements, aimed at being “less obtrusive” than earlier implementations and allowing easier access to the various game windows and menus.
* Revisions to the combat system, which we thought was rather dry, as well as quest lines and general PvE adventuring.
* Changes to mounted PvP (yes, MOUNTED!), aimed at allowing players more flexibility in upgrading their vehicles and making them generally more usable across all modes of play.
* And four new classes — the thaumaturge, gunslinger, beastmaster, and skycaller — as well as tweaks to the eight existing classes.
There’s no set date yet on when the closed beta will start, so stay tuned for further updates!