Renaissance Heroes: New FPS From ChangYou
ChangYou (US) announced Renaissance Heroes, a brand new free to play online multiplayer first-person shooter, previously known as "DaVinci Online". The game is set in the re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance Europe, and is expected to launch its closed beta phase in summer 2012.
ChangYou is teaming up with Bridea, the creative minds behind Huxley, to bring Renaissance Heroes to FPS fans in North America. The game combines classic multiplayer action with unparalleled visual realism powered by the Unreal Engine 3 technology to deliver the fun of fast-action shooters to a new generation of gamers. Renaissance Heroes invites players of all skill levels to experience the adrenaline-pumping action coupled with easy accessibility in a completely free to play environment later this year.
Renaissance Heroes takes place in an alternative history in which famed inventor Leonardo da Vinci has created a machine that could change the world. In the wake of his death, the plans for the mysterious invention have been scattered, and warring factions vie to claim them. Features of the game include:
- The re-imagined world of the 16th century Renaissance period powered by the advanced Unreal Engine 3 technology with characters, weaponry and locales all elegantly designed to reflect the regal atmosphere of the time.
- Competitive multiplayer environments of up to 12 players, including popular game modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag. The game features a comprehensive ranking system as well as over 100 unlockable achievements!
- A roster of playable heroes, each with their own unique visuals and abilities to suit different play styles.
- An arsenal of over a dozen of Renaissance-inspired weaponry familiar to any FPS fan. Snipe opponents from a distance with the crossbow or crush them at close range with a battle hammer.
- Enhanced A.I. bots, in-game currency and experience reward system provide challenges to level up your character.
For more information on Renaissance Heroes and to sign up for the upcoming closed beta test, visit the official website at www.RenaissanceHeroes.com.
You May Enjoy
Century: Age of Ashes Delayed Due To Battlefield 2042 Delay
Sometimes, it’s like that.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 days ago
New Sandbox MMORPG BitCraft Offers Social Interaction And Empire-building
Developer Clockwork Labs has already secured $4.3 million in funding.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Always Online Podcast: FFXIV's Job Actions Reactions, More Blizzard Troubles, And Pokemon TCG Ep 404
The multiplayer gaming podcast is back and on this week's Always Online episode we run down the Job Actions trailer and Live Letter details for FFXIV, talk about Blizzard's compounding legal issues and Fortnite not coming ba...By Michael Byrne - 1 day ago
Swords Of Legends Online Celebrates Moon Festival
New harder dungeons and raid also arrive tomorrow.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
New MMORPG Into The Echo Bills Itself As "A Massively Multiplayer Time-Travel Odyssey"
ETLOK Studios' debut project promises alternate progression system and no pay-to-win or pay-for-convenience.By Jason Winter - 1 week ago
Square Enix Offers Up More Details On Belt Removal In Final Fantasy XIV’s Endwalker Expansion
Loosing belts means you have room for other things.By QuintLyn Bowers - 4 days ago