Star Trek Online's Awakening Has...Awoken (Bad Headline Is Bad)
Today's the day. Awakening has launched in Star Trek Online on PC, bringing players together with Lt. Commander Paul Stamets's sentient hologram self. Captains will need to work together with the Lt. Commander -- voiced by Discovery's Anthony Rapp -- to stop the Klingons before they destroy the Mycelial Network.
The Awakening update brings players back to the present Star Trek Online era, where J'Ula is preparing her campaign against the Mycelial Network. The story continues across a new featured episode as well as five patrol missions. A full list of new content made available in the Awakening update includes:
- Brand New Featured Episode - Captains hailing from all of the game’s factions can participate in the new featured episode “Beneath the Skin.” Players will depend on a hologram of Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S Discovery to safely guide them through the Mycelial Network.
- Five New Patrols – Players can embark on a mission with Stamets and Star Trek Online luminaries like Lukari Captain Kuumaarke to close the rifts caused by the Klingons.
- New Task Force Operation – Up to five players can participate in this special ground TFO against the Elachi, which tasks them with shutting down probes that threaten to destroy the Mycelial Network.
- Mycelial Event – Captains who participate in this special event can earn the new T6 Elachi ship by playing through the new featured episode, patrols and TFO throughout the next month.
- New Event UI – The dev team has revamped the Event UI to make it easier for players to access new special events.
- Patrol Systems – A new tab has been added to the PvE system, which allows captains to immediately enter selected patrols and gain bonus rewards.
- New Starships – In just two weeks, players will be able to purchase the new cross-faction Intel Science Bundle, which includes the Klingon Balth and the U.S.S. Somerville, a starship first introduced in the Star Trek Comics from IDW Publishing.
As noted, the update is currently only available on PC. Console players can expect it to be made available on their system of choice in October.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
After All The Teasing, Seth Finally Arrives In Closers
"The Girl with Two Souls" has finally arrived in Closers.By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 years ago
You May Enjoy
The Division 2 Reaches Over 20 Million Players With Year 5 Season 1 Dropping Very Soon
The Year 5 Season 1 update, titled "Broken Wings," will be released on June 8.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 2 days ago
Lost Ark June Update Brings A New Storyline, Dungeon, And More
Travel to Elgacia and explore the city of Ereonnor.By Troy Blackburn - 3 days ago
Activision Cease-And-Desist Notice Results In Call Of Duty Cheat Supplier, Mobius, Shutting Down
It seems they decided it just wasn’t worth the trouble.By QuintLyn Bowers - 2 days ago
Compete In Albion Online’s Crystal League Championship And Win A Robo-Sabertooth Mount Skin
Ever wanted a robo-sabertooth skin for your mount?By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 week ago
Overwatch 2 Director's Take Gives Overview For Buffs And Nerfs In Season 5: Tanks, One-Shots, And CC Getting Attention
Is your favorite Hero on the list?By Troy Blackburn - 2 days ago
New Gameplay Trailer Revealed For Battlefield 2042’s Upcoming Season 5: New Dawn
There's a new map, new weapons, and new grenades.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 1 week ago