Get ready Star Trek Online fans, today is the official launch date for the Mirror of Discovery update. Starting today, players on all platforms (PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4) will get the chance to meet the terrifying Captain Killy — the Mirror Universe’s version of everyone’s favorite Discovery engineer.
In this update, players will be tasked with finding out what happened to Killy and the I.S.S Discovery after it was summoned to the Prime Universe.
The update also includes new missions for captains to take on, an update to the Endeavors System, and — oh yes celebratory activities in honor of the game’s 9th anniversary.
Among the highlighted activities in the game are:
- Two New Featured Episodes – Experience two new playable episodes featuring Captain Sylvia Tilly of the Terran Empire.
- “Para Pacem” – Witness the I.S.S. Discovery’s fated confrontation with Klingon forces, in the middle of an ion storm above Pahvo.
- “Illusion of Communication” – Stop Captain Killy from using Terran Empire technology to manipulate Pahvo’s peaceful biosphere.
- Anniversary Events – The game is bringing back the popular Omega Molecule Stabilization event. Stabilize Q’s scattered Omega particles to earn free Omega Particle Tech Upgrades and prize vouchers, redeemable for the new T6 Vulcan Scout Ship featured in Star Trek: Discovery.
- Personal Endeavor System – Complete unique daily challenges to earn account-wide performance boosts in a wide variety of combat mechanics.
- Battle at the Binary Stars – The Battle at the Binary Stars Event is now available as a Task Force Operation, with new Advanced and Elite modes.
More information on the update and its contents is available on the STO blog.
On a side note, those of you who played with the STO Tardigrade adoption thing over social media a while back might want to check your email. I did the little quiz and got assigned the Party tardigrade — essentially the Pinkie Pie of tardigrades. As it turns out, you’re not just going to get cute emails about what your tardigrade it up to, you should also get a key for an in-game version of whichever one you ended up adopting. I got mine this morning, so check your spam filters if you haven’t seen yours yet.
Those who didn’t do the social media adoption thing — or maybe you’d like to collect one of the other ones — can purchase any of the five tardigrades via the Lobi store.