Trion Offers Former RIFT Players Goodies For Returning

By QuintLyn Bowers, News Editor

If you haven't logged into RIFT for a while, Trion would like you to. So, for a limited time, they're offering players special rewards just for logging in. Between now and August 15, players -- whether returning or continuing -- will be rewarded with the following items just for logging on to the game:

• Celestial Rewards Cache
    • 2 Tenebrean Engines (used to upgrade powerful raid items).
  • Box of Individual Reward Charges
    • Contains 10 Individual Rewards Charges. Does not extend the cap of 100 charges and charges in excess of 100 will be lost.
  • Glimmering Bag of Sparkles
    • Contains 100 Phenomenal Sparkle required for the monthly Patron quest. Sparkles that exceed the 500 cap will be lost.
  • Sagum of Lightning Costume Cape

In addition to the above announcement, Trion also reminds players that Summerfest will be coming to an end soon -- on August 11. So get playing if you haven't already.

In this article: RIFT, Trion Worlds.

Tyler Guerin 5 years ago
Honestly, used to play this game a ton. After being burnt out of WoW and down on money, this was an amazing alternative. I loved the game, played it to endgame, raided, geared, grinded for everything. Then, the first expansion came out. I was excited, like a little kid. Then, I saw gear locked behind a paywall. I saw whole slots for gear locked behind a paywall. Souls for my class, which wound up getting me kicked out of top raiding groups since I didn't have them, locked behind a paywall. I hoped to god this trend wouldn't continue, but alas, it did. Everytime I see RIFT giving out things, I keep hoping that it might be something useful. But no, it's not. It doesn't matter if I upgrade my raid gear, I can't use it. My options are grind for a year to unlock the gear slots (at which point they would be obselete), pay for it, or be weaker than everyone else and not able to raid. It's a huge letdown, even the new class is behind a paywall. Trion is nothing but greedy bastards, and I'm glad their games are dying, they deserve it. Let them burn with their greed.

Jack S 5 years ago
Banned for building a mansion in archeage, cant play all trion games now, oh well

kek 5 years ago
That moment when gear and progression is locked behind a paywall. I loved rift when it first launch, it was refreshing in the MMO market. I really have no idea what the hell they are thinking now. Hope it dies, let it die, please.

Kevin Flemming 5 years ago
Another MMORPG dying out it seems. Yet none of them take the hint.

Guy EU 5 years ago
I don't care what they give us.
The way they treated raiders was absurd won't return even if they offered lifetime patron.
They can shove their goodies where the sun doesn't shine.

Trion Announces Weekly Live Streams To Showcase Trove Eclipse Expansion Features

Trove's Eclipse Expansion is set to launch on August 22 and Trion's ready to get players psyched up for it.

By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 years ago

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

Marvel Snap’s Battle Mode Goes Live Today And You Can Finally Challenge Friends

It’s time to challenge your friends to see who's the stronger player.

Dauntless Developer Phoenix Labs Is Independent Once Again

Dauntless Developer Phoenix Labs Is Independent Once Again

The company is now self-owned and going private.

By Troy Blackburn - 1 day ago
Redfall Answers Persistent Online and Xbox Gold Questions In New FAQ

Redfall Answers Persistent Online and Xbox Gold Questions In New FAQ

Is always online and Xbox Gold required?

By Troy Blackburn - 3 days ago
Get A Look At New Strand Exotic Loot Coming In Destiny 2's Lightfall Next Month

Get A Look At New Strand Exotic Loot Coming In Destiny 2's Lightfall Next Month

Oh what a tangled web of strand we weave...

By Michael Byrne - 4 days ago
10 Best MMORPGs For Beginners In 2023

💣 Feature | 10 Best MMORPGs For Beginners In 2023

Here are our top picks for any beginner hoping to discover their first MMORPG journey.

By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago
FFXIV’s Director & Producer Naoki Yoshida Says He’s “Really Looking Forward” To The MMORPG Blue Protocol

Several experienced people from the FFXIV Team are also now working on Blue Protocol.