Red 5’s free-to-play shooter’s next update hits the servers Tuesday (Jan 19), and it’s a big one. The update will bring the servers down for an estimated 26 hours -- taking the game offline from Jan 19th at 8:00 AM PST to Jan 20th at 10:00 AM PST. This is, of course, barring any hiccups.
- Jetball! We’re excited to bring a preview of our Arena PvP online. The mode chosen for the PvP Preview is Jetball. More modes will be available in a later update as Arena PvP returns in full swing.
- Holdout – Jericho: Holdout is a brand new instanced PvE gametype for players at maximum level. Squads can challenge themselves by protecting a Melding Repulsor against endless waves of Chosen. Each wave gets increasingly difficult and at the end of each wave the squad has the option to cash out the rewards they’ve earned so far or risk taking on another wave for more rewards. Read about Holdout here.
- Titan Battle - Defense of Dredge: Dredge is under siege from the Chosen and the Accord needs ARES Pilots to ensure this outpost that is critical to its operations does not fall into Melded hands. This battle is for a 10-pilot platoon for maximum level battleframes.
- Instance-based narrative-driven content: The Firefall story has evolved and ARES Pilots are charged with taking on the threat from the Razorwind Chosen Tribe right from the start. The previously existing Campaign Missions have been lightly revised to fit the narrative and all-new instances have been created to further drive the narrative of the Razorwind threat. Read about the narrative-driven content here.
- Epic instanced missions have three difficulty modes: Normal, Challenge, and Hardcore. The Normal difficulty is balanced for the level the mission is unlocked. Challenge mode is balanced for 3 levels above the mission’s unlock level. Hardcore mode is tuned for maximum level players.
- Two new Operations have been added: Hightide and ARES-Team. Hardcore versions are also available for these new Operations.
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Dungeons & Dragons Online Devs Tease Gnome Race And Anniversary Plans
In the most recent DDO Producer’s Letter, Executive Producer Severlin took a look back at 2015 and teased some interesting things for 2016.By QuintLyn Bowers - 7 years ago
You May Enjoy
UPDATED: Ubisoft Paris Workers Called To Strike After CEO Announces “Worrying Future” For The Company
Ubisoft is not having the best start to 2023.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Bungie Prepares For Lightfall With Changes To Matchmaking, Airborne Gameplay, And New Community Socials
Another jam-packed week of changes and additions.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
League Of Legends Developer Riot Games Begins Own Wave Of Layoffs
Subsequently, Riot plans to hire 150+ people.By Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Players Rejoice With Warzone 2's Revival Of 1v1 Gulags
Warzone 2 is saying ‘good-bye’ to 2v2 GulagsBy Aspen Pash - 1 week ago
Rocket League Devs Banned A "Vast Majority Of Accounts" Using Bots And Adds "Cheating" Report Reason Back
"We will continue to monitor for bots and take appropriate action against any players/accounts using them."By Anthony Jones - 1 week ago
Marvel's Avengers To End All Official Support On September 30th; Last New Content Patch Coming In March
The writing was on the wall.By Anthony Jones - 6 days ago