Path of Exile's upcoming expansion, "The War for the Atlas" will add a lot of new content, including a wide selection of new skill and support gems. Players have been curious about these new gems, and have apparently been making a lot of inquiries as to how they work. So, Grinding Gear Games has decided to release a detailed writeup on what effect these new gems will have in the game.
There are seven new gems highlighted in the post. These are:
- Unearth: fires a physical projectile into the ground where the player aims, creating a corpse that is usable with other skills.
- Cremation: explodes the above mentioned corpse turning it into a flaming geyser that throws damage dealing shards around it.
- Spell Cascade: reduces the power and size of an AOE spell while making it three times more powerful as it moves forward in a cascade.
- Volatile Dead: turns up to three corpses into fiery orbs that chase the enemies and explode.
- Storm Barrier: offers protective barrier while player is casting supported channeling skills.
- Bodyswap: explodes your original body, recreating it in a corpse located nearby. Deals damage in both places.
- Volley: adds two extra projectiles, allows some to be fired from adjacent points.
Some of these gems work together to create more powerful combinations. The post outlines some of the finer details, such as percentages for the number junkies. It can be read in full on the Path of Exile site.
- New PoE Patch Adds Voidborn Reliquary Key, Corrects "Ruthless" Mode Drops, And Tweaks Current League
- Game Design Spotlight #23: Path Of Exile's "Ruthless" Mode Is Surprisingly Perfect For Casual Players
- Path Of Exile Devs Celebrates New Year's By Reflecting On Expansion Launches And Announcements Throughout 2022
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Battlerite Is Going Prehistoric On Your Ass
If you've ever thought to yourself, "Man, Battlerite is great.By QuintLyn Bowers - 5 years ago
You May Enjoy
DDO 2023 Development Roadmap Reveals 17th Anniversary Plans, Mini-Expansion, And Performance Improvements
After overhauling and adding new features last year, Daybreak continues rounding out the game with fresh content.By Anthony Jones - 3 days ago
The "Winners" Of Final Fantasy XIV’s Omega Ultimate World First Race Accused Of Cheating With Zoom Out Mod
Insert disappointed Yoshi-P meme here.By QuintLyn Bowers - 1 hour ago
Fallout 76 Announces Removal Of Illegal Weapons Mods
Some folks are about to be very unhappy.By QuintLyn Bowers - 6 days ago
Disney Dreamlight Valley Infographic Confirms Multiplayer For 2023, But We're Still Missing A Lot Of Details
A long-awaited feature for the game gets no mention.By Anthony Jones - 4 days ago
UPDATED: Say Goodbye To Your Progress: Bungie Gets Some Backlash On Hotfix That Will Roll Back Destiny 2 Player Accounts
What started as a way of fixing things ended up shaving off hours of playtime.By Anthony Jones - 6 days ago
Go Figure, Someone’s Leaked The Final Phase Of FFXIV's The Omega Protocol Ultimate
The World’s First Race just got a lot faster.By QuintLyn Bowers - 3 days ago