Path of Exile‘s upcoming expansion, “The War for the Atlas” will add a lot of new content, including a wide selection of new skill and support gems. Players have been curious about these new gems, and have apparently been making a lot of inquiries as to how they work. So, Grinding Gear Games has decided to release a detailed writeup on what effect these new gems will have in the game.
There are seven new gems highlighted in the post. These are:
- Unearth: fires a physical projectile into the ground where the player aims, creating a corpse that is usable with other skills.
- Cremation: explodes the above mentioned corpse turning it into a flaming geyser that throws damage dealing shards around it.
- Spell Cascade: reduces the power and size of an AOE spell while making it three times more powerful as it moves forward in a cascade.
- Volatile Dead: turns up to three corpses into fiery orbs that chase the enemies and explode.
- Storm Barrier: offers protective barrier while player is casting supported channeling skills.
- Bodyswap: explodes your original body, recreating it in a corpse located nearby. Deals damage in both places.
- Volley: adds two extra projectiles, allows some to be fired from adjacent points.
Some of these gems work together to create more powerful combinations. The post outlines some of the finer details, such as percentages for the number junkies. It can be read in full on the Path of Exile site.