As Promised, PSO2 Kicks 2021 Off With A New Class, New Quests, New Level Cap, And More
The first Phantasy Star Online 2 content update of 2021 dropped today, adding the previously revealed Luster Scion Class, a max level increase to 100, story content, and more. As stated in earlier discussions on the new class, the Luster is a Gunblade class with three different combat styles, capable of both long and short range combat.
Among the abilities Lusters boast are Luster Voltage, Luster Counter, Luster Sidestep Guard, and Bonus Attack. These function as follows:
- Luster Voltage – A Voltage Gauge will be added to the Sub-Palette and connecting with your attacks produce Volts. The accumulated Voltage will increase Potency and reduce damage taken. Additional Class Skills can be taken to increase Voltage accumulation rate. If there is too long of a pause between attacks, the Voltage Gauge will be reset.
- Luster Counter – If players successfully dodge with Sidestep or a Weapon Action, they'll unleash a powerful Sidestep Strike.
- Luster Sidestep Guard – While locked on, Sidestep either forward or backward in time with the enemy's attack to activate a Perfect Guard and unleash a counterattack in the direction inputted.
- Bonus Attack – Perform four Normal Attacks in a row (does not include Sidestep Strikes) to unleash a powerful attack in accordance with the current PP or Focus Gauge level.
To access Luster, players are required to have achieved level 75 on at least two other classes.
As far as the game's story content goes, the update continues with the Armada of Annihilation having surrounded the Mothership and ARKS needing to stop the creation of the Luminmech. Also included are two new urgent quests, available in Ultra-Hard difficulty, The Malevolent Void and The Call of the Void. There's even a new Summoner pet, the Vulcan S. Patch notes for the update are available on the PSO2 site.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: NGS Kicks Off Giant Mutants Part 2 Event Tomorrow, Team Teases Slayer Class
- Sega Announces Phantasy Star Online 2 NGS Collaboration With NIJISANJI, And There's Plenty Of Places For Screenshots
- SEGA To Celebrate 10 Years Of PSO2 And 35th Anniversary Of The Entire Series With Live Orchestral Performance
About the Author
QuintLyn is a long-time lover of all things video game related will happily talk about them to anyone that will listen. She began writing about games for various hobby sites a little over ten years ago and has taken on various roles in the games community.
Magic: Legends Reveals The Planes Of Dominaria, Zendikar, and Innistrad
When you play Magic: The Gathering, you might think you're just flipping cards and tapping lands.By Jason Winter - 2 years ago
You May Enjoy
More Blue Protocol News Coming Soon Ahead Of March 31 Network Test
The client is available for pre-download now, with an official release this year.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 2 days ago
ARK: Extinction Expansion Coming To Nintendo Switch On April 11
The third expansion pack for ARK: Survival Evolved contains a new map plus fresh creatures and challenges.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 5 days ago
Canadian Judge Rejects "Unlawful Gambling" Accusation In EA Loot Box Class-Action Lawsuit
The claim may proceed, around "unconscionability," but not around gambling.By Matthew D'Onofrio - 3 days ago
Real-Time F2P Battler 'Spellcraft' Will Debut Public Alpha Testing On Steam In April
Control an entire team of heroes in real-time battler Spellcraft.By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago
💣 Feature | Blasting Waves Of Dinos Was Damn Fun... But Will The Rest Of Exoprimal Be? - A Open Beta Test Review
Exoprimal's beta was damn fun but VERY limited. Here's some early thoughts.By Michael Byrne - 5 days ago
Watch The New Trailer For Lan, Coming To Tower Of Fantasy Next Week
Lan arrives in update 2.4.By Troy Blackburn - 4 days ago